YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Radiologic Technologist - AdventHealth - Winter Park
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Winter Park
- Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
- Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
- Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time/Part Time/PRN (Shift Information)
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork.
- Utilizing proper positioning criteria and technical exposure factors, performs all required imaging projections for given procedure. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam. [Exam Supervision and Administration]
- Reviews all images on Computed Radiography NX station for evidence and accuracy of RT/LT marker placement and proper orientation. Repeats any view that fails to include all required anatomical structures or lacks proper contrast and spatial resolution. Adheres to all criteria on the Image Quality Action Plan. [Diagnostic Image Quality and Documentation]
- Completes assigned exams in a timely manner. Keeps work flow coordinator informed of availability and status of all pending exams. Personally follows through with communicating clinical information. [Personal Productivity and Accountability]
- Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment at NX before releasing images to PACS for interpretation. Corrects erroneous accession numbers in PACS. [Data Processing]
- Operates and maintains Imaging equipment in a safe manner. Adheres to all infection control standards. Properly wears Dosimetry badge and seeks to minimize radiation exposure. Employee job duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. [Safety and the Environment of Care]
What You Will Need:
- Knowledge of Diagnostic Radiological Procedures/Positions
- Ability to determine appropriate technical factors
- Knowledge of Radiographic and Fluoroscopic equipment
- For Orlando Fracture Care Only: If functioning in the Surgical Assistant III role must have completed the ADVENTHEALTH training program and competencies.
- Current valid State of Florida license as a General Radiographer
- ARRT (R)
- Knowledge of PACS and associated equipment
- Good organizational skills
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in healthcare-related field
- Pain Med and Fracture Care Only - Previous OR and/or procedural area experience
Under Supervision the Radiologic Technologist fulfills the responsibilities necessary in the use of ionizing radiation to produce quality radiographic images. These responsibilities involve participation in a variety of diagnostic technical procedures which deliver quality care to patients ranging from neonatal to geriatric. For pain medicine cost centers (2600, 9090, 9270, and 2840) and for Orlando Fracture care (6801) the technologist may perform duties delegated by the RN to assist with patient care and patient flow throughout the department. For 7217 technologists may perform the duties of Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL). Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Business Management
- Customer Service
- Data Processing