To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethesda, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
EMCOR Group, Inc • Bethesda, MD
Posted 2 days ago
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Chief Engineer
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for Chief Engineer in Bethesda, MD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and direct a support staff of 20-25 in the maintenance and operations of a Class A commercial office complex. Duties to include scheduling of staff and job assignments; training of new and existing staff, counseling, appraisals and recognition, interviewing and hiring of new staff, process time and attendance records, parts requisition and inventory control, and other related duties.
- Requires a good working knowledge of chiller plant operation, Data Center and building automation systems to include Trane, Johnson Controls and Siemens.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills & working knowledge of blueprints, drawings, wiring diagrams, or other equipment specifications in order to diagnose and repair HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Oversee and direct subcontractors in the performance of preventive maintenance and repairs. This to include Fire Alarm, Generators, High Voltage Switchgear, BAS, Elevators, Storm Water Management, Water Treatment, UPS and Chillers.
- Must have excellent verbal and writing skills along with good interpersonal and customer service skills. Must also be proficient with Lotus Notes, Word, Excel and Projects.
- DC 3rd Class or equivalent, Maryland First Class is preferred
- CFC Universal Certification
- High school diploma or GED
- OHAS 30hr Training preferred
- Must have 7-10 years of proven experience as a Chief Engineer in a similar environment, supervising a crew of ten craftsmen or larger.
- Work requires an abundance of walking, bending, kneeling, and must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Top Secret SCI Clearance required
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Building Air Systems
- Unless a higher degree is specified in this job posting, all positions require a minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 75 lbs)
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment.supplies.parts.
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.