Western Funding is a fast growing, specialized consumer finance company and subsidiary of Westlake Financial Services, providing automobile financing to borrowers with limited access to traditional credit. Western Funding enables the origination, accepts assignment of and services installment loan contracts originated by its national network of automobile dealers. Dealers own their portfolios and share in the collections on the associated installment loan contracts.
The Credit Analyst is the \u0022quarterback\u0022 of the funding process. The Credit Analyst has overall responsibility for ensuring deals are compliant with Legal and Funding policies and driving the speed of funding. The Credit Analyst plays a significant role in communicating with our dealers and thus need to deliver effective communication in system notes, in back-and-forth emails, and in phone discussions with our dealers. Credit Analyst performance will ensure that we book quality, risk-adjusted deals and that our dealers understand the status of their deals at all times. Ultimately, this will contribute to our desired outcome of the Funding Process – fast, efficient and compliant funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute the Funding Process
- Identify deals assigned in Regional work queue
- Review and confirm the Retail Installment Contract is legally compliant
- Review and clear funding stipulations in accordance with Program Guidelines
- Ensure verifications are complete and correct
- Clearly notating each deal with status updates and key information derived from review activity, including basis for key decisions or exceptions to policy
- Communicate clearly and directly with dealers to explain remaining requirements, manage expectations, and treat dealers in a manner befitting their status as our primary customer
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- Critical Thinking – analyzes disparate information and make sense of it
- Problem Solving – identifies and implements solutions to problems
- Persistence – follows up to complete tasks even if multiple attempts required
- Attention-To-Detail – identifies, documents and applies key information appropriately
- Clear Notation – ensures downstream reviewers understand status and next steps
- Clear Communicator – ensures verbal communications are understood by all audiences
- Strong computer skills and adaptability to new technology
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Fluent in Spanish and English languages PREFERRED
- Customer service or Auto finance experience PREFERRED
- College Degree PREFERRED
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- Web navigation and/or applications.
- Personal computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Copier, Faxing & other general office supplies.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Complex Problem Solving