Cardiovascular Service Technical Assistant Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life, low cost of living on the sunny shores of Daytona Beach, FL.
- Great benefits
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Participates in direct patient care in a supporting role as directed by the licensed Cath Lab or anesthesia providers. Assists with clinical activities as requested including supervised assistance with patient positioning for procedures.
- Assists with patient positioning and procedural preps in accordance to established policy and protocol under the direction of licensed providers.
- Under the direction of licensed providers, assists with preparation and draping of the patient for invasive monitoring procedures. Assists and anticipates needs during invasive monitor insertion and procedures. Anticipates the need for invasive monitoring according to the daily procedural schedule.
- Obtains and transports blood products from blood bank as ordered and directed by Cath Lab staff.
- Maintains appropriate infection control measures and universal precautions and maintains a safe patient environment. Conscientiously and continuously applies the principles of quality care provision on a daily basis.
- Ensures departmental and anesthesia supplies are maintained at adequate par levels. Assures communication with the anesthesia providers and Cath Lab leadership team regarding any back order of supplies. Coordinates evaluation of new equipment and supplies with Cath Lab and anesthesia providers.
- Anticipates and assembles sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment for each scheduled procedure within scope of competency.
- Demonstrates competent knowledge of technical and non-technical equipment and supplies utilized in Cath Lab and anesthesia services
- Cleans and stocks all Cath Lab area workstations including anesthesia machines and Pyxis workstations prior to the daily schedule. Responds efficiently to a workstation turn over and cleanup between cases, at the end of the day, and PRN
- Assures that Cath Lab rooms are maintained in a ready status during assigned work hours.
- Assists in terminal cleaning and re-sterilization/disinfection of Cath Lab equipment
- Disassembles, cleans, and reassembles equipment, and initiates work order service process when anesthesia machine equipment failures are recognized. Changes soda lime canisters on anesthesia machines as needed.
- Maintains and organizes the Cath Lab and anesthesia environment, equipment, and supplies to facilitate department function. Maintains the availability of necessary equipment in each Cath Lab suite. Participates in room turnovers to ensure efficient flow of cases. Provides perioperative technical support to staff for delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge and troubleshooting ability for all Cath Lab and anesthesia equipment. Responds to, investigates and reports all alarms to biomed department as necessary. Ensures preventative maintenance is completed as required on all Cath Lab equipment.
- Inventories, orders and maintains departmental supply stock consistent with departmental demand. Cognizant of where supplies are kept and can be obtained or stocked accordingly.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- On the job training and applicable course attendance as provided by Cath Lab staff, anesthesia providers, and industry vendors to achieve competency in areas related to the technical support role.
- Basic computer skills
- Understanding and knowledge of powered and non-powered perioperative equipment and instruments including surgical beds and stretchers, anesthesia machines, positioning devices and hazardous waste / contaminated supplies and equipment handling.
- Patient care and communication skills to work with patients from infant, childhood, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- CNA, Medical Assistant, EMT or PCT experience OR One-year experience in Healthcare Procedural area setting
Works in cooperation with the Cath Lab and anesthesia team in assisting with safe and effective patient care in the Cath Lab setting. Demonstrates competency in all Cath Lab procedures within Scope of Practice as appropriate to the ages of the patients served: geriatric, adult, adolescent and pediatric. Performs multiple departmental assigned tasks, but not limited to, assisting with invasive line placement, transportation of patients, room readiness, specimen transportation and the turnover process between procedures. Also involves the environmental cleaning of the interventional suites and semi-restricted areas, replenishment of anesthesia and room supplies, set up of equipment and other assigned duties required in the Cath Lab department.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Patient Care Technician