Related Companies is the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi, London and Shanghai and boasts a team of over 3,000 professionals. The Company’s existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $30 billion, is made up of best-in-class developments in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets across all asset classes.
Related has dramatically redefined the concept of metropolitan luxury living by introducing extraordinary residential rental properties in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and New York City. With each new building, Related has been hailed for setting new standards of excellence in the luxury rental marketplace. To ensure that every resident in every Related building enjoys the very finest services, unparalleled amenities, and a luxury lifestyle without compromise, Related Companies takes great pride in managing every building it owns. Related owns and manages 261 Hudson, 456 Washington, Abington House, The Caledonia, The Easton, The Lyric, MiMA, One Carnegie Hill, One Union Square South, Riverwalk Crossing, Riverwalk Point, The Sierra, The Strathmore, The Tate, Tribeca Green, Tribeca Park, Tribeca Tower, The Westminster and The Westport in New York City (and manages 1214 Fifth Avenue and 89 Murray also in New York City). It also owns 500 Lake Shore Drive and Landmark West Loop in Chicago, The Emerson in Los Angeles, The Paramount in San Francisco, One Hill South in Washington, D.C and One Back Bay in Boston as well as managing The Arlington in Boston.
For more information about Related Companies please visit www.related.com.
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Regional Manager supports and executes Related's strategies related to property management operations by directing and leading their portfolio’s on-site team members and by implementing the policies, procedures and practices, which enable each property to meet and exceed budgeted financial goals and achieve operational performance objectives.
1. Exercises cost control. Approves monthly Budget Variance Reports after submission from GM.
2. Approves invoices and expenses up to $10,000.
3. Assures financial statement accuracy. Approves monthly financial change form submitted by GM. Reviews and approves monthly asset report, submitted by GM.
4. Maintains appropriate governmental interface
5. Assures compliance with all regulatory and statutory programs
6. Reviews annual budget as submitted by the GM; provides feedback and commentary before submission to ownership. Ensures ownership goals are met.
7. Analyzes property financial performance as it relates to other portfolio assets including cash flow analysis, IRR, and market value analysis.
1. Works directly with Senior Vice President for Marketing to ensure site marketing strategy is effective and contributes to meeting ownership goals.
2. Works directly with Vice President for Revenue Management for pricing of base rents in region. Active participant on regular pricing calls.
3. Works directly with Vice President for Leasing to ensure General Manager and respective teams are meeting goals.
4. Responsible for Income optimization and recommendation for ancillary income opportunities including cellular towers, cable partnerships, and the like. .
5. Completes regular competitive shopping reports and informs ownership of major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
1. Assures accurate, consistent regional administrative processes
2. Assures regional compliance with all licensing requirements in each state of the region’s operations
3. Assures regional compliance with Related Management procedural requirements
4. Encourages and ensures appropriate regional interface with support services.
1. Implements and maintains effective site control programs
2. Assures adherence to all insurance requirements
3. Implements and maintains appropriate/effective security programs
4. Implements and maintains appropriate/effective safety programs
5. Participates in full quarterly site walks with GM.
1. Oversees the maintenance of building standards at all sites in the region.
2. Assures completion of significant repairs and improvements throughout the region.
3. Assures consistent curb appeal at all sites in the region.
4. Oversees RFP process for strategic maintenance contracts to leverage pricing for sites in the portfolio.
5. Maintains 5 Year CapEx plan including identifying needed capital improvements for maintenance and/or value add.
Relationship with Ownership
1. Regularly meets and communicates with ownership on issues and site performance.
2. Makes ultimate recommendations to ownership for property improvements relative to future value/ROI.
3. Collaborates with ownership on goals and objectives including long/short term strategies relative to the position of the asset in the real estate life cycle. Communicate investment goals set by ownership with the site team with the focus on the property as an investment.
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient in use of computer as well as basic business office software applications.
- Ability to understand technical evaluations as they apply to the investment and/or operation of hotels.
- Proficient in use of Yardi or related property management software suite
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Determine Best Practices