To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Southfield, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Telesales Account Executive
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Southfield, MI
Posted 18 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY
The Telesales Account Executive recommends MSC products, services and solutions via telephone with established and prospective customers, utilizing a consultative selling approach. Must meet all predetermined activity and sales goals.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recommends MSC products, services and solutions via telephone with established and prospective customers, utilizing a consultative selling approach.
- Grows sales to achieve department and corporate sales goals by developing existing accounts and penetration of newly assigned customers.
- Identifies opportunities and makes product recommendations for customer-specific operational and technical needs.
- Builds excellent customer relations. Responds to customer needs consistent with MSC standards, culture and business practices.
- Demonstrates teamwork to ensure achievement of team, individual, and corporate sales goals.
- Maintains sales records and generates relevant market/sales reports for MSC management as needed.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints. Takes corrective action as necessary.
- Develops a personal business plan under close management supervision to meet personal annual goals.
- Demonstrates fundamental sales techniques and experience through track record of achieving sales goal.
- Learns and fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- A High School Diploma or the equivalent is required.
- 2+ years sales experience is required.
- Metalworking/MRO product and/or process experience preferred.
- Basic computer literacy is required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- The ability to travel is required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.