You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Embedded Application Software Engineer (Electric Vehicle)
Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to build a better world.
Req. ID: 22032
PURPOSE: Design, implement, and maintain embedded software components for use in Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger end product. Continually improve development techniques in order to create software more efficiently and reliably supports our EV Charger production initiatives. Apply engineering knowledge to provide creative software solutions for real world customer issues and use cases. This job can be located in Cleveland OH, Columbus OH and Macomb MI.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Develop multi-threaded controls with industrial Real Time Operating Systems (FreeRTOS) and Embedded Linux, using C and C++ languages.
- Develop software for communication with industrial automation networks (e.g. CAN, Ethernet/IP), Internet protocols (e.g. HTTP, FTP), and wireless (e.g. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth).
- Develop software for IoT data collection, configuration, and control of welding and cutting equipment.
- Develop software for embedded graphical displays running Linux and Qt libraries.
- Develop software for 32-bit microcontroller based electronics.
- Develop board support packages for custom embedded Linux computers.
- B.S. degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- 5 Years engineering experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle a constantly changing set of priorities.
- Initiative to take ownership of product designs.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Working knowledge of welding equipment, processes, and procedures.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Function: Research & Development
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Computer Engineering
- Data Collection
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 845060901
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.