Did you know that some of the industry’s most talented and caring registered nurses are at DCI? Our nursing staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row. We think our Nurses are pretty awesome; they make a difference in our patients' lives by helping them live longer and achieve a better quality of life.
Our mission is “the care of the patient is our reason for existence.” What’s yours?
The LPN provides direct patient care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
This position is full-time, 4 days/week.
- Provides nursing care thorough patient assessment, initiation and discontinuation of treatment, monitoring during treatment, assessment following treatment, completing primary nurse responsibilities, assuring ordered lab is obtained.
- Assess and monitors the patient access, taking appropriate action if a problem is noted. Documents thoroughly.
- Understands and follows the clinic infection control policies and procedures.
- Understands the basic concepts of water treatment and reuse and the effects on patient care.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with co-workers, physicians, patients, and supervisors, keeping all appropriate people aware of changes in the patient condition.
- Is knowledgeable of and follows the clinics' Risk Management program.
- May be assigned to administer medications to patients, educates the patient about medications ordered by the physician, and documents according to DCI policy.
- Attends required in-services and staff meetings to maintain and expand competency and skills.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Automated External Defibrillator