At Vestas, we live our company values of Accountability, Collaboration, Simplicity, and Passion. In a dynamic and evolving industry, we change quickly to meet the needs of our customers. Our passion is to preserve the environment through sustainable energy solutions. If this aligns with your values and passion, we want to hear from you!
Technical Sales Management AME / Power Plant Solutions AME
The Engineer, Power Plant Solutions position is tasked with supporting all electrical engineering aspects of grid integration and plant control solutions of Vestas power plants during the Sales, Construction, and Service stages of projects in the US and Canada. The candidate will perform electrical engineering assignments with considerable latitude for action and decision making, track and drive changes to electrical grid code requirements.
Technical Sales Support:
- Preparation of Standardized Contract Templates for Balance of Plant Works
- Review of customer contracts and where required, Balance of Plant subcontract documents and assemble tender deviations.
- Research and prepare formal responses to customer inquiries regarding wind turbine and plant capabilities.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to customers, industry, and regulatory organizations.
- Review utility interconnection requirements to ensure wind park compliance with grid transmission operators.
- Participate in contract negotiations and project meetings regarding wind power plant electrical issues.
- Review customer’s electrical studies and provide recommendations for compliance and optimizations
- Support Technical Bid Engineers in formulating Requests for Non-Standard Products to propose a site-specific solution not currently available within Vestas' portfolio.
Grid Code Compliance Support:
- Globally support product design teams with new functionalities and ensure product capabilities to meeting existing and upcoming customer and market requirements.
- Grid Compliance Community Support including Grid Code scouting, interpretation & influencing.
- Enthusiastic communication with System Operators, support System Operators on model usage and integration of the latest Vestas model to their System Models.
- Participate in Grid Code and Wind Industry working groups and technical committees.
- Review new wind power plant system designs for North American code compliance.
- Collection of all electrical data and customer/site/grid requirements for project grid integration studies and request studies for Engineering Pre-Design
- Review Engineering Pre-Design study reports and evaluate for external use.
- Support Customer's to optimize projects using the Engineering Pre-Design study results.
- Assistance during customers/ISOSO/contractors’ meetings
- Prepare Functional Design Specification for Power Plat Controller implementation
- Prepare Functional Design Specification for Yaw Power Back up System and other special control solution implementation
- Prepare Grid Compliance Test Protocol (plans and procedures) and support during Tests execution
- Support project commissioning approvals for grid connection (design, construction, and commissioning)
- Prepare site-specific turbine settings for grid code compliance performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on power and control systems required
- No work experience is required in electrical power or control systems is required, creative and enthusiastic around Power Systems is great
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive situation and multi-task in a fast-paced/deadline-oriented environment
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proven flexibility working in an innovative and changing organization.
- Professional computer skills, specifically in MS Office products and AutoCAD
- Will be a highly motivated self-starter and be able to work with little to no supervision.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering and Professional Engineers License
- Specific experience in the implementation, operation, system standards, and service of wind turbines.
- Some experience and knowledge of PSCAD, TSAT, and E-TRAN
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SAP, and additional software programs)
- Problem-solving skills
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Effective written and oral communication skills; able to express oneself clearly and in technical and non-technical terms in English
What We Offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; flex time off (FTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Portland, Oregon with an estimated 30 days of travel in a calendar year.
[ Link removed ]
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with +136 GW of wind turbines in 84 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and +117 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and tap into wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 29,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future. Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at [ Link removed ] and following us on our social media channels.
- Wind Power
- Microsoft Excel
- Written Communication