C.R. England is a stable, financially sound company with opportunity for growth within the company. As a 100-year leader in transportation, C.R. England is hiring Transportation Network Coordinators to grow its asset-based business out of our Stuarts Draft, VA location; serving our premier level client- Target.
Why join us:
Stability: The transportation industry is crucial to the U.S. economy, making C.R. England a stable career choice. As a 99 year-old leader in the transportation industry, we have grown 100% in the last decade.
Employee Value: 2021 US Best Managed Companies- Delloite and Wall Street Journal. 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.S
Benefits: World class compensation and benefits packages, continuous training and development, and a team-oriented culture
Work life balance: At C.R. England we value family both in our individual homes and our company family; our culture embraces this philosophy and fosters an environment to support both.
Summary: Load Planner - Transportation Network Coordinator is at the center of a fast-paced trucking industry ensuring our customers’ needs are met by assigning loads for on-time delivery. We need individuals who can think and plan ahead, managing rapidly-changing situations while maintaining a solutions-oriented attitude.
The Load Planner - Transportation Network Coordinator will manage asset utilization to dispatch and plan for each unit and driver.
- Build and match planned freight to day cabs or condo trucks and drivers. In OTR training environment, this will include planning to coordinate trainers and trainees needs for hours and home time.
- Review PTAs and driver’s requests for time off or home time in planning loads for sameday or next-day dispatching. Schedule work and assign tasks to drivers.
- Coordinate with others in the department for awareness of driver, freight, and asset availability. Identify concerns with drivers who may need additional support, coaching, or disciplinary action to supervisors and managers.
- Coordinate with Maintenance on trucks out of service or returning to service to plan and dispatch accordingly.
- When available from customers, plan for future freight.
- Track drivers, loads and receivers to ensure dispatching is able to continue to run as planned.
- In a Dedicated environment, coordinate backhauls to meet customer’s needs and keep freight, trucks, and trailers moving consistently.
- Maintain frequent contact with assigned drivers, monitoring call-offs, fatigue concerns and equipment issues. In an OTR training environment, also includes ensuring trainees are working appropriately to next phase of training and placement.
- With team drivers, ensuring loads assigned are appropriate for teams and hours available.
- Monitor Hours of Service for dispatching and compliance.
- In an OTR training environment, efforts should be focused on routing trucks or drivers (solo) with capacity to a terminal for better efficiency.
- Handle urgent situations such as the need to recover truck, freight, or driver, traffic, weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances that may prevent on-time delivery.
- Assist in orienting new drivers to fleets/accounts on proper ways to communicate, report to work, and other scheduling expectations.
- Work with drivers who have unique scheduling needs or issues that arise. Ensure coordination with supervisors and managers for special items such as leaves of absence, extended time off requests or concerns about meeting expectations.
Essential job requirements may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain clear communication with drivers, customers and office staff.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Keep company leadership informed of any issues that may require their attention.
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and encourage others to do so at all times. This includes special attention to hours of service, safe workplace practices and safe driving.
- Always conduct yourself in a manner that reflects a positive, professional image. Must maintain a professional appearance in accordance with dress code policies.
- Treat each individual with care, dignity, fairness, respect and recognition.
- Work productively and collaboratively with direct supervisor and peers.
- Display and encourage teamwork and willingness to be a problem solver. Provide excellent customer service.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the company and ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to all standards set for by the company.
- Must be able to work with office equipment, utilizing computers for majority of tasks.
Job qualifications may include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to work with office equipment, utilizing computers for majority of tasks and must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to have critical conversations with drivers when necessary.
- Organization and attention to detail are a must.
- High sensitivity to customer service and customer retention.
- Must be able to effectively manage time with daily and long-term tasks.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced transportation environment.
- Knowledge of industry-specific IT programs helpful.
- Capable of hearing, with our without correction, sufficiently to perceive normal speaking levels and receive detailed information through oral communication in order to facilitate meetings and work with internal customers and stakeholders by telephone and in person.
- Position may involve kneeling, stooping, bending, pushing, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 25 pounds.
- Capable of sitting at a desk for extended periods of time and working with computer equipment.
- Capable of speaking, writing, and reading English well and possessing a good command of the language so that various types of communications may be conducted in English with people of various levels of education and capabilities.
- Capable of visual acuity, with or without correction, sufficient to prepare and analyze data and figures, view a computer terminal, and read extensively.
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred but combination of college work and experience will be
- Prior logistical or planning experienced needed.
- Transportation or logistics industry experience preferred.
- Strong geographical knowledge with expertise in time and distance requirements as it pertains to Department of Transportation regulations is needed.
Working Environment and Conditions:
- Must have the ability to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and/or delays.
- Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances.
- Must be able to handle incoming requests for assistance via phone and in person while working on other tasks.
- Must remain professional in light of challenging situations that may occur in the location.
- Occasional travel by air or car.
- Team Working
- Attention To Detail
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication