$120000.00 to $135000.00 yearly
Our client, a small $14M government contractor in Rockville is looking for a hands on Government Contracting Controller to join their accounting department. Do you have a knack for leading with high standards, positively motivating others, and making critical decisions and have experience taking charge of an accounting and clerical department? Contact Robert Half Finance about this Government Contracting Controller opportunity. This position is for candidates who can plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and supervise the Staff Accountant. This role's duties will require leading with integrity and reliability and having the ability to manage self and others with urgency, practicality and accountability when providing client services. Consider this position if you are a a creative team player with a talent for challenging the status quo, coming up with unique ideas, negotiating and influencing. Are you looking for a very competitive and generous compensation and benefits package? It might be time to advance your career in this position! The Government Contracting Controller position is a full-time opportunity in Rockville, MD.
- Oversee the activities of the finance department, such as accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Complete month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, reconcile accounts, and handle G/L analysis
- Check deliverables of self and team to certify they meet client expectations
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to make efficient and effective firm-wide operation possible
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis
- Produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and manage daily cash
- Support punctual cash collection by managing the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Give executive committee and partners monthly financial reports
- Assess, execute and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Respond on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Support Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, with research, planning, and implementation, as required
The ideal candidate for this Government Contracting Controller role will have 10+ years of hands on day to day accounting, supervisory, financial statement preparation, understanding of T& M and Fixed Price contracts, BS in Accounting and Costpoint accounting software is preferred but not required. To apply to this Government Contracting Controller role please follow the link to apply in this ad of call Caren Bach at
for more information.
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Earlier experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
- Strong communication skills and able to receive criticism well
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of journal entries
- Month end closings experience highly desired
- Adeptness in general ledger
- Foundational knowledge in financial statement preparation
- Deltek Costpoint experience preferred
- General familiarity with account reconciliation
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and social skills
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.