Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Our Senior Controls Engineer will develop automation solutions and participate in various phases of automation projects including creating design specifications, software configuration and testing, as well as commissioning and start-up of a variety of high speed and other automated manufacturing processes. The ideal candidate will have a track record of proficiency with client relationships, control systems, troubleshooting and high intensity environments.
- Accountable for complete project execution including team leadership, control panel engineering, SCADA design, PLC and HMI programming, and site start-up support of integrated systems.
- Maintain and growing solid client relationships is a key responsibility.
- Apply excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to design, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of packaging lines, process systems, and software systems.
- Execute multiple project responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Minimum 7 years of related automation experience with HMI, SCADA, PLC’s, and general control system design for product packaging and process controls in the consumer products, beverage/brewery/food manufacturing sectors.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with FactoryTalk Suite, IntellutionSuite, Wonderware Suite, and VisualBasic/C#/Java is a plus.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, PLC5, SLC500) PLCs, PanelView/PanelviewPlus HMIs, Industrial Communication Networks (Ethernet, EthenetI/P, DeviceNet, DH+, etc.) is required.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or similar degree preferred
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc
Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (Scada)
Human Machine Interfaces
Human Computer Interaction
Computer Control Systems