What We Are Looking For
Company has grown exponentially over the past 3+ years with no signs of slowing down. We are looking to add a VP, Strategy & Operations to our executive ranks to continue to optimize our operations and streamline efficiency. You will own our “north star” KPIs - funding rate, customer satisfaction and operational efficiency - and be responsible for deploying a playbook of best-in-class strategies to continuously improve these metrics and transform the business. This cross-functional role is the central hub to key stakeholders across all functions - Sales, Credit, Marketing, Finance, Product, Technology, Legal and Compliance.
Build strategy: Develop a compelling strategy that optimizes all stages of the customer conversion funnel, maintains/increases customer satisfaction and streamlines operational efficiency. Bring your playbook of best-in-class strategies as well as novel ideas to the table. Create and prioritize the roadmap of initiatives that will continue to accelerate our growth.
Drive operational excellence: Ensure consistency of execution across the Sales, Underwriting and Service teams. Reimagine and redesign processes to maximize conversion and increase the effectiveness of our Contact Center. Launch high-impact initiatives that reduce customer friction, decrease costs and reduce manual processes. Relentlessly iterate on these processes to enhance our operations and improve the customer experience.
Own business-critical KPIs: Obsess over and manage our “north star” KPIs - funding rate, instant bank verification rate, decision rate, and other related metrics. Lead the instrumentation and daily monitoring of operational processes to proactively identify issues before they arise and respond quickly to resolve issues when they arise. Implement systematic controls to reduce operational risk and ensure high uptime.
Create a culture of Continuous Improvement: Leverage existing process reengineering / continuous improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.) to create a culture where everyone is looking to improve the customer experience and operating efficiency.
Maximize Customer Satisfaction: Partner with Sales and Service to maintain and improve upon our industry leading NPS and Customer Ratings. Build out Voice of the Customer functionality leveraging existing platforms, including Review Trackers, BirdEye and Delighted, as well as new technologies and platforms.
Maximize omni-channel effectiveness: Lead our omni-channel efforts across phone, email, text, chat, and chatbot to create a coherent communications strategy to enhance the customer journey. Find the balance between deflecting unnecessary interactions to our Contact Center vs. providing a five-star personal experience that keeps customer engagement and satisfaction high.
Drive Analytics & Automation: Own our automation efforts and launch intelligent algorithms that automate decision making, customer routing, and call strategies. Build on our culture of “Data + Action” by translating data insights into tangible initiatives. Lead our Data Science team and empower them to drive deep insights and operational transformation. Recruit and retain top-tier talent to further build out these high-performing teams.
Next generation technologies: Identify and drive the next generation of operations technology for our company, including Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Speech Analytics, Alexa/Conversational UI, and others. Stay abreast of key trends and industry insights by keeping a close pulse on our competitive landscape.
- 10+ years of operational experience including Management Consulting experience from a top-tier firm and direct experience in Operations or Process Improvement, including automation. 5+ years of managing high-performing teams.
- FinTech experience strongly preferred.
- Call Center experience is preferred, especially omni-channel contact experience across phone, email, text, chat, and chatbot.
- A quantitative mindset is required. Experience in data programming languages such as SQL/R/Python and data visualization tools such as Periscope and Tableau are a plus.
- Experience in Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma is a big plus.
- Demonstrated quantifiable, high-impact achievement in previous roles. Focus on execution with a bias towards action.
- All-around “athlete” who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, and purposefully strategic.
- Ability to multitask, execute quickly, and get things done.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and complicated problems and create robust, scalable solutions.
- Organized, meticulous, and detail-obsessed individual.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in conveying analytical findings with key stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. MBA preferred but not required.
- Chicago area candidates preferred but not required.
- Executive, reporting directly to COO
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 585108
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.