Advantage Resourcing is seeking an Inprocess Inspector for our client in Anaheim, CA.
Major purpose: Performs visual, mechanical and some electrical Inprocess and final inspection under general supervision. Assures compliance to company specifications.
Major functions: 1. Verify previous operations are performed and accepted. Compare work order/document package to the assembly for correct part number, drawing, revision, as-required approval(s), and Engineering Change Order(s).
2. Perform visual inspection of electrical assemblies, including circuit boards, solder joints, cables, transformers, to company and industry specifications and standards.
3. Check physical appearance of parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies for adherence to established industry workmanship standards, such as damage, solder quality, component orientation, and wiring.
4. Perform assembly-related mechanical and dimensional inspection using scales, micrometer and calipers.
5. Perform / verify requirements as outlined in process specifications (for example, fluorescent light examination of conformal coating of circuit boards).
6. Support less experienced inspectors, by assisting with informal training that utilize/reference company and industry specifications and standards.
7. Review records for completeness, as required, including Work Orders, Engineering Changes, Manufacturing Process changes, Material Discrepancy Reports, Rework documentation, test data, etc.
8. Verify assembly work order test results for completeness and correctness to the test requirements and limits.
9. Perform assigned surveillance audits.
10. Perform surveillance/verification of assembly workmanship, equipment calibration, manufacturing process, and test process, and other related duties, as assigned.
11. Interface, as required, with internal counterparts, in Engineering, Production, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Contracts, and internal DCMA.
12. Inform the inspection lead and/or lead of production of any assembly problems, and generate a non-conformance document.
13. Verify and record configuration and present to Document Control and/or the Customer/ Government Representative (s).
Technical/Functional skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to interpret/ follow documents such as: Drawings, Procedures, Engineering Change (EOs) Work Orders and Work Instructions.
2. Ability to work with measurements and math.
3. Knowledgeable of assembly practices and requirements.
4. Interface, with Engineering, Production, Planning, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and internal DCMA.
Education/Experience/Licenses etc.: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School or GED. One-year certificate from college or technical school desired. Must have one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
ANSI/J-STD-001, IPC-A-610 latest revisions and ESD Electrostatic Discharge preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Document Management Systems
Engineering Change Order