We are looking for a Mailing Inserter Operator who thrives at problem solving and working in a team environment. The Mailing Inserter Operator is responsible for the completion of mail inserting production work, including machine setup, operation, and preparation of mail for the post office.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Sets up inserting machines for insertion of different types of mail pieces into envelopes.
- Shows ability to evaluate the insertion of various mail pieces into envelopes for suitability of insertion method chosen by CSR/Client, and pertinent postal regulations.
- Insert material into envelopes according to provided instructions and machine capabilities.
- Zones and prepares material as it comes off the inserting machine for delivery to Post Office as needed and as required.
- Trouble shoot mailing production equipment.
- Verifies all pertinent paperwork as to its accuracy, as needed.
- Cleans and maintains machine as needed.
- Oversees the quality/quantity of production on assigned machine.
- Uses pallet jacks, hand trucks, and strapping machines to fulfill duties.
- Follows detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Shows ability to coordinate work with other team members to achieve departmental goals.
- Works and cross-trains on other mailing and bindery equipment as needed.
- Works overtime when necessary.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- All other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Inserting machine experience, as well as knowledge of postal regulations and process
- The ideal candidate for a Mailing Inserter Operator possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines and problem solve, and a commitment to excellent internal and external customer service.
- Mechanically inclined, with the ability to learn and trouble shoot mailing machine equipment
- Ability to work independently with high degree of initiative and drive.
- Computer literate
- Able to read tickets for work instructions
- Quality focused
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or GED
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Mailing machine experience necessary
DEPARTMENT: Mailing Production
REPORTS TO: Direct Mailing Services Manager
Salary Range: Hourly, based on skills and experience
Schedule/ Shift: 7am – 3:30pm, M-F Day Shift
Premier Press is an equal opportunity employer who values an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Premier Press also promotes a drug-free work place. Pre-employment drug screening and a background check are required prior to hiring.
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail