The Customer Support Specialist is responsible for drafting timely, complete, and accurate written responses to Notices of Error and Information Requests, categorized as Tier II, while providing superior customer service to the client, customer, and/or authorized third party. Track and maintain critical case information on active pipeline per Bayview’s Policies and Procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Research borrower complaint/inquiry received for both residential and commercial loans which are categorized as Tier II, including but not limited to payment application, escrow account, bankruptcy, foreclosure, loss mitigation workouts, etc.
• Communicate and work in conjunction with other lines of business for resolution of the complaint/ inquiry being researched.
• Draft a timely, complete, and accurate written response to the Notice of Error or Request for Information categorized as Tier II received from a borrower or authorized third party
• Identify any potential risk within the Notice of Error or Request for Information and escalate to management immediately, as necessary.
• Conclude and support whether the business unit(s) associated with the Notice of Error is (are) responsible for the error resolution and if applicable, associate any financial implication for the error, e.g.: waive a late fee, re-class a corporate advance.
• Keep abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout various lines of business to ensure written response reflects current servicing requirements.
• Identify root cause, source of complaint, request type, and primary issue.
• Document system of record with the action taken for work completed as well as imaging the response and the supporting documents.
• Review daily reports to ensure timely completion of response as well as ensuring internal SLA is met for imaging and compliance with investor requirements.
• Special projects as assigned by management.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Previous writing experience and a strong passion for writing.
• Clear, concise, and professional writing style that utilizes correct grammar and punctuation and demonstrates attention to detail.
• Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Knowledge of Federal and State servicing rules and regulations is preferred.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communication, or related field preferred.
- Up to 1 year of full-time experience in Loss Mitigation, Loan Administration, Loan Servicing, Loan Origination, Default Administration and/or industry-related standards, concepts, practices, and procedures.
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Attention To Detail