Job Title: Associate, Mechanical Engineering (New Grad, Ashburn, VA)
Job Code: MEP1
Job Location: Ashburn, VA
As an Associate, Mechanical Engineer, you will be supporting the development and production of complex unmanned aircraft and supporting equipment. Your contributions will include product design through concept development, prototyping, analysis, manufacturing, and testing of products.
The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division is a part of L3Harris' Agile Development Group and specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Contribute to and support product design through inception, prototyping, testing, and production
- Conduct and present analysis of designs
- Utilization of product lifecycle management
- Develop test plans and procedures for mechanical subsystems
- Participate in interdisciplinary design teams and reviews
- Engineering documentation and drawings
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD security clearances as required
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required
- Physical Requirements (such as ability to lift up to 20 lbs.)
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Other duties as required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- U.S. citizen
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Understanding of basic mechanical fabrication techniques
- Experience using 3D CAD modeling; PTC Creo preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Experience with turbo jets and/or turbo fans
- Experience using MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience with LabVIEW and data acquisition systems
- Experience with or interest in fluid dynamics
- Hands-on mechanical experience
- Active DoD clearance with current 5 year update desired
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and/or equivalent experience desired
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
- Structural Engineering
- Engineer In Training
- Civil Engineering
- Engineering Design Process