To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cañon City, CO 81212
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
P/T YOUTH DEVELOPMENT SPEC
Abraxas (A GEO Company) • Cañon City, CO
Posted 2 months ago
Facility: SOUTHERN PEAKS REGIONAL TREATMENT CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
- This entry level position supervises clients during the overnight shift and assists in the management of the morning wake-up routine.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts and supervises clients in a manner that ensures their safety, security, growth, and development.
- Conducts and documents head count/bed checks in accordance with facility standards.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor and co-workers.
- Supervises morning routine on the unit; provides guidance during morning hygiene, cleaning activities, and group meetings.
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Escorts clients between locations within the facility such as the medical office, bathroom, or group room.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of client intervention skills and Safe Crisis Management (SCM) techniques.
- Implements and supports the Company’s mission and philosophy; follows the Company’s policies regarding professional expectations, code of conduct, and other practices and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to client information.
- Demonstrates professionalism in performance of job.
- Demonstrates effort in professional development.
- Observes activities and responds accordingly including emergency situations such as evacuation, CPR, or first aid.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from the employees’ state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance, if applicable.