**Principal Engineer - Battery Commissioning**
**Date:** Aug 31, 2022
**Location(s):** Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
**Company:** NextEra Energy
**Requisition ID:** 65507
is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
**Position Specific Description**
Our Engineering & Construction Division is looking for a Battery Commissioning Principal Engineer to join their team in Juno Beach, FL. Employees in this role will be responsible for the overall commissioning and transition to operations of assigned energy storage projects. The Battery Commissioning Engineer will coordinate and manage commissioning work performed by contractors and equipment suppliers at the project sites. You will manage the quality control and oversight activities necessary to start-up and commence commercial operation of the facility.
• Provide commissioning support for Energy Storage Projects
• Administer and manage commissioning contracts and authorize and approve all contract change orders
• Oversee commissioning activities and OEM commissioning processes
• Review protection and control drawings and relay settings
• Support PPA and GIA requirements.
• Coordinate all commissioning activities and resources
• Travel to project sites up to 50%
**Preferred Work Experience**
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and minimum of 5 years of direct experience in commissioning utility scale energy storage projects
• Experience reviewing test results of substation equipment and instrument transformers
• Strong knowledge of operation and controls of high voltage equipment up to 735kV
• Strong knowledge of protection schemes, relay, meters, RTU, and communication equipment
• Knowledge of communication protocols such as DNP3.0, Modbus, SEL, ASCII, etc.
• Proven ability to deliver tangible results while managing multiple assignments in parallel
**Additional desirable qualifications**
• Familiar with Six Sigma concepts
• Electrical Engineering Background
• History of Substation Protection and Control
• Experience with SEL, GE relays, revenue grade meters, and Novatech Orion.
Employees in this role make decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive engineering and related activities for the company. This position negotiates critical and controversial issues with top level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies.
**Job Duties & Responsibilities**
+ Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive engineering programs and activities
+ Manages one or more programs of complex diversity and scope which are of critical importance to overall company objectives
+ Acts as a subject matter expert
+ Performs other job-related duties as assigned
+ Bachelor's - Engineering
+ Experience: 7+ years
**Employee Group:** Exempt
**Employee Type:** Full Time
**Job Category:** Engineering
**Organization:** NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
**Relocation Provided:** Yes, if applicable
**Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.**
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy **does not** accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from **any third-party recruiting firms or agencies** . Please see ourfor more information.
- American Standard Code For Information Interchange (Ascii)
- Communications Protocols
- Electrical Engineering