Our client is a top rated independent valuation practice seeking an experienced portfolio valuation associate to join their NYC office at the VP level. The Vice President will be in charge of conducting valuations of various securities for investment companies (hedge funds, BDCs, etc.). These assignments will consist of but not be limited to illiquid investments, such as bank loans, subordinated debt, and preferred and common equity in privately-held companies, as well as structured products.
Excellent opportunity to work on top deals and gain key industry contacts gaining exposure to a wide range of valuation assignments involving both private and public companies. This is a flat organization with great visibility. Management is very responsive to their employees, and has created an ideal platform for upward mobility. Superior working environment.
- Managing and working with analysts and associates to conduct relevant research to support valuations, including analyses of subject company valuation drivers, research on private equity and private credit cost of capital, research and analysis of relevant industries and end markets, and comparable analyses.
- Gather and document pertinent data obtained through client interaction.
- Create and utilize financial models for discounted cash flow, guideline market multiple, market transaction and option valuations.
- Manage and assist analysts and associates with valuation analyses and judgments to conclude fair value of relevant businesses and securities.
- Prepare and review reports, and relayresults to clients.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business Administration or another related field. CFA and/or MBA preferred.
- 7-15 years ' experience in financial services
- Proven technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills; experience working in a team setting and having interactions with clients.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, prioritize tasks, and handle dynamic, time-sensitive engagements in a team setting.
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)