To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cherry Hill, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Manager
Extra Space Storage, Inc. • Cherry Hill, NJ
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Human Resource Manager at Extra Space supports all day-to-day aspects of the employee relations functions and services. By applying human resource policies, programs, knowledge, and practices to provide balanced, technical assistance to all departments, the Human Resource Manager will be an innovative and collaborative partner that will promote organization and employee effectiveness, advance the company's strategic objectives, and embrace our culture. This role reports to the Director of Human Resources.
- Work with and counsel managers on employee relations issues through timely resolution of performance management, ADA, FMLA, EEOC, harassment, and other investigations
- Work with direct supervisors to manage cases as assigned to successfully coach, develop or separate employees
- Provide specialized training when required (i.e. harassment training)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field required.
- 3-5 years of relevant human resource manager experience and/or training. Multi-state experience a plus.
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in applying labor law and precedents to immediate and changing circumstances.
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels within assigned area.
- A creative approach to problem solving, with a humble, team oriented and optimistic attitude.
- Ability to effectively translate complex information into clear and effective messages.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
- Goal oriented and possesses the ability to prioritize on a consistent basis in an ever-changing environment.
- Up to 25% travel.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths.
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA).
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability.
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service.
- Holiday pay and paid time off.
- Extensive Wellness Program, various Employee Discount Programs, and much, much more!
If you are dedicated with a positive attitude we invite you to come join our team. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background and drug screening.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday