HCA Florida Westside Hospital
8201 W Broward Blvd Plantation, FL 33324Introduction
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Medical Technologist PRN? At HCA Florida Westside Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years. HCA Florida Westside Hospital, is a 250-bed state-of-the-art medical center and healthcare complex. Our healthcare facility has been serving the healthcare needs of people from Broward County, South Florida and around the world for more than 45 years.Benefits
HCA Florida Westside Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Medical Technologist PRN
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Technologist PRN like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing; analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame
Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor
Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results and handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results
Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (Including performing delta checks, etc.)
Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief
Perform quality control procedures per protocol
Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines
What qualifications you will need:
A 2 Year/Associate Degree is required
A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology is preferred
A State of Florida Technologist License is required OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
A minimum 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Medical Technologist PRN is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida, and a network of hospital basedrapid-response laboratories present in four HCA Healthcare divisions within the state of Florida. Our core laboratories supportmore than 250 acute and rehab hospitals, physician practices, surgery centers and commercial accounts.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Medical Technologist PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Health Care
- Health Technology
- Infrastructure Management