EHS Manager, EH&S Manager, Manager EHS
CIRCOR International (NYSE: CIR) is one of the world’s leading providers of mission critical flow control products and services for the Industrial and Aerospace & Defense markets. The Company has a product portfolio of market-leading brands serving its customers’ most demanding applications. CIRCOR markets its solutions directly and through various sales partners to more than 14,000 customers in approximately 100 countries. The Company has a global presence with approximately 3,200 employees and is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts. For more information, visit the Company’s investor relations website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to EH&S Manager
About CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense
CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is focused on the design, development, and manufacture of specialty fluid and motion control products for demanding aerospace and defense applications. CIRCOR products are flying on most commercial and military aircraft, including single and twin aisle air transport, business and regional jets, military transports and fighters, and commercial and military rotorcraft. Other markets include unmanned aircraft, shipboard applications, and military ground vehicles.
Business units are in Corona, California; Warren, Massachusetts; Hauppauge, New York; Paris, France; Uxbridge, UK; and Tangier, Morocco. Parent company CIRCOR International is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts and CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is headquartered in Corona, California.
CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense, Warren, MA
CIRCOR Naval Solutions started in 1897 under Warren Pumps®, following a legacy of pump builders in whose origin span over 200 years in the town of Warren. Under CIRCOR Naval Solutions this division is best known for serving the U.S. Navy’s submarine and surface ship programs. The highly engineered and custom-built pumps are made of a wide variety of exotic materials and span an envious range of both centrifugal and positive displacement technologies. Every submarine and aircraft carrier in the U.S. fleet as well as many other U.S. naval vessels depends on the pumps manufactured at Warren.
CIRCOR Portland Valve was organized in 1973, originating in Portland Maine and moved its operations to Warren, Massachusetts at the end of 2011. CIRCOR Portland Valve is a major valve supplier on the Submarine & Destroyer programs. The company’s products include a broad range of specialized valves for various shipboard services.
CIRCOR offers a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package most of which are effective Day 1 of employment. These include medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, 401k with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
BUSINESS: CIRCOR Naval Solutions
LOCATION: Warren, MA
DIRECT REPORTING: Plant Manager
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Operations
To propose, implement and maintain an EHS management system which is capable of driving results in waste elimination, developing an accident free culture while maintaining 100% regulatory compliance. Will directly interact with all departments, various regulatory agencies and the Director Global EHS for CIRCOR. This position will also oversee the repairs, installations and upkeep of facilities, equipment, and offices.
60% - Environmental, Health & Safety:
- Maintain and develop the EH&S Management System, including the development of necessary EH&S programs and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines; CIRCOR Corporate EH&S policies, procedures, initiatives; and Industry Best Practices.
- Ensure compliance and accountability for conformance to the EH&S Program by all site personnel, visitors and contractors through appropriate awareness level and task-specific training
- Facilitate the Site EH&S Council in support of the EH&S Management System and serve as a technical resource to the EH&S Teams.
- Work closely with site leadership to ensure continual improvement and compliance with all EH&S activities in support of the EH&S Management System.
- Drive World-Class EH&S Performance through the implementation of Comprehensive EH&S Inspections &Audits Program and a Robust Incident Investigation Process that ensures the implementation of effective preventive and corrective actions.
- Oversee the Site Security Process, Security Plan, and Emergency Planning and Response Process.
- Build and drive a Behavioral-based Safety Culture with a focus on Safety as a Core Value within the Site
- Develop and facilitate a site-wide audit and inspection strategy, utilizing both internal and external resources, to identify work hazards and exposures. Provide oversight and guidance to the Site Audit and Inspections Team to determine trends and action plans for remediation, preventive, and corrective actions.
- Audit the quality of incident investigations to ensure appropriate root cause and mistake proof solutions are implemented throughout the facility. Advise the leadership team and line management on corrective action and hazard mitigation. Participate in site investigations, as required.
- Provide regulatory and practical training, as applicable through the development and implementation of a Training and Education Plan. Create new training materials, as required. Train supervisors regarding their EH&S responsibilities, the recognition of hazards and risks, and completion of incident investigations.
40% - Facility Oversight:
- Responsible for overall facility maintenance.
- Supervision of Facilities team, including setting and managing performance to budget, responsibility for capital expenditure projects, and assignment and performance of Facilities tasks, goals, and training.
- Analyzes and oversees the operation, maintenance, and repair of buildings
- Responsible for all maintenance and janitorial contracts.
- Supervises work crews, internal and external, on large jobs (e.g., moving and installing large pieces of equipment).
- Monitors the work of all repairmen to ensure that quality work is completed and that all safety precautions and procedures are observed.
- Provides quotes and supervises construction of additional office space and remodeling of existing offices, handles all approvals and writes and dispatches purchase orders for construction materials, janitorial supplies and equipment.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
- Corrective And Preventive Actions
- Machine Guarding
- Emergency Management