To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oakland, CA 94621
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Outside Sales Representative - Oakland, CA
Oakland • Oakland, CA
Posted 6 days ago
E.B. Bradley is searching for a Outside Sales Representative for our Oakland/San Francisco territory. The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for generating sales with existing customers within assigned geographic territory. Establish and continue strong business relationships with prospects, clients and vendors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Closing and growing sales through professional communication with existing and potential customers via cold calling.
- Promoting next-day delivery and one-stop shopping
- Managing and interpreting customer accounts by communicating with customers to understand anticipate and meet their needs. Providing solutions to customer problems
- Expanding market awareness of our products and our industry experience by communicating features and benefits of our products and services effectively.
- Liaising between customers and internal department for up-to-date status of service.
- Assist customers with product availability, new product launches, pricing (within established guidelines) and delivery schedules
- Preparing responses to RFP (request for proposal) and RFI (request for information)
- Manage and awareness of pertinent customer information, future plans or projects to effectively and proactively service customer needs
- Prepare reports for marketing and sales and keeping expense accounts within company guidelines
- Visiting manufacture plants and working with reps to see how the product is made
- Keeping up to date on new products, services, procedures and tools by attending training and department meetings
- Additional duties as assigned
- 5-7 years sales experience within similar industry or 7-10 years general sale experience
- Daily travel via automobile from customer to customer
- Conduct product presentations to internal and external customers. Attending trade shows, conferences and other sales events when applicable
- Customer/client focus and effective communication skills
- 1-3 years laminate/wood working industry preferred• Effective time management
- Problem solving/analysis and basic to complex math skills. Must be able to measure and calculate area, circumference, square feet, etc. Must be able to perform calculations to compute discounts, sales quotes, and sales tax.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to needs of customers as well as product availability
- Ability to travel daily within designated sales territory.
- Overnight travel is not necessary to maintain account but can be required several times a year.
- This position requires prolonged sitting in car or office.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life• 401(K)• PTO
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – college degree preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple to complex instructions, detailed correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple to detailed business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to employees and customers of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and drive. This position is semi-active and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching throughout day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates within a diverse environment. Some work may be performed within a general office environment and/or within a manufacturing and warehouse environment. Work will also include extensive operation of an automobile.
E.B. Bradley Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.