Dole Packaged Foods is a purpose led nutrition and wellness organization that champions a more equitable world. A world where everyone has the right to nutrition from the goodness of the earth and we reduce these gaps, one action at a time.
As the Director of Sales for Dole Packaged Foods, this position is accountable for the strategic effective management of our Kroger & Albertsons business and sells at the customer HQ and divisional level at all Kroger and Albertsons/Safeway banners. People leader managing Sales Managers, ensures the development of strong mutually beneficial relationships throughout Dole Packaged Foods, but most importantly with our customers and brokers. Develops and executes customer-specific growth strategies while analyzing data to create fact-based presentations that drive profitable sales growth.
This role is home-office based in or around the Cincinnati, OH area.Responsibilities
QualificationsExperience, Knowledge, & Skills You Bring:
- Develops a strategic partnership with Customer above the buyer level that delivers on Doles net sales, profitability, market share targets and aligns with customers financial metrics.
- Directs, develops and motivates sales team. The team includes two sales managers, as well as a dotted line responsibility for Sr. Category Manager dedicated to Kroger Albertsons.
- Builds planned deliverables and account priorities with our Broker partners
- Develops Account Plan and leads the strategic implementation of planned initiatives for the Account. Along with SMs, implements promotional activity to fully maximize all trade promotions and maintain competitive advantage within account
- Leverages insights and analytics to identify market gaps and develop new programs that meet customer/consumer needs (product/pricing/trade promo)
- Evaluates and analyzes sales and P&L reporting by category, broker and account and directs action accordingly
- Works closely cross-functionally with Dole internal stakeholders (Brand Marketing, Sales Strategy, Sales Support, Revenue Growth Management, Operations and Demand Planning Teams) as the voice of the customer
- Advocates for customer to ensure the customer receives appropriate levels of organizational support to meet our mutual objectives
- Maintains and regularly updates analysis of key competitors activities and their impact on all brands on a market-by-market basis
- Other duties as assigned
What Youll Need to Succeed:
- 10+ years experience in consumer packaged goods sales
- Team/people management experience
- Experience with Kroger & Albertsons HQ/divisions, understands the culture and what is required to be a trusted partner.
- History of collaboration with brokers
- A demonstrated knowledge and effective use of syndicated data with a special emphasis on 84.51 tools; category management experience
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- History of growth with the CPG landscape
Education & Certification:
- Passionate about a purpose driven career
- Energetic people manager with a history of growing strong leaders/teams
- Ability to achieve specific objectives/outcomes and set/meet key initiatives to achieve a win/win with customer and brokers
- Ability to effectively implement programs for area of responsibility
- Experience and expertise in customer negotiations; ability to influence decision makers
- Results achiever. Demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset, has a passion for winning in the market and a focus on speed of action
- Strategic, analytical thinker with the ability to make decisions and execute tactical plans
- Clear communicator; excellent verbal, presentation and written skills
- Collaborative team player
- Self-motivated, independent worker
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- MBA preferred
- Ability to sit and use the computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones and use a variety of office equipment; ability to lift 40 pounds and reach overhead. Ability to travel in an automobile and airplane. Ability to navigate in an office environment and retail grocery store.
- Up to 50% travel is expected
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
- Audio Equipments
- Category Management
- Consumer Packaged Goods