• Conduct financial, IT system, operational and other internal audits to ensure compliance with internal policy and procedure and relevant rules and regulations (i.e., GAAP, GAAS, SOX).
• Develop audit procedures to assess the accuracy of financial information, the effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with policies and external regulations.
• Assist in the development of the Annual Innernal Audit Plan.
• Conduct risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
• Document audit work according to accepted standards and provide internal audit reports to the Audit Committee and senior management.
• Recommend appropriate action plans for any deficiencies noted and monitor the implementation of corrections and improvements.
• Coordinate and manage external financial and system audits, including annual SSAE18 SOC1 reporting and various industry-initiated audits.
• Perform reviews of computer systems in the areas of general controls, application controls, and system security.
• Plan and perform internal audits at Railinc’s affiliate companies, AAR and TTCI, and provide recommendations to improve financial and IT internal control processes and procedures. Travel required.
• Apply technical expertise to special problems, issues, policies and requests of senior management.
• Produce quality audit results and reporting
• Ensure deadlines are met consistently
• Inform process owners of control strength and high risk areas
Secondary tasks and duties (desirable, but not primary focus of position)
• Other duties as assigned.
• Feedback from stakeholders
• Results: We deliver on our promises to create value for the freight rail industry through talented people, good ideas, business leadership, and great technology.
• Collaboration: We collaborate with our teams and our customers to get the job done, respecting individual ideas and contributions and moving forward in pursuit of shared goals.
• Service: We serve the changing needs of our customers and our industry to enhance the value they bring to our community, the environment and our economy.
• Feedback from colleagues, customers and management
• Minimum Requirements
• Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office required; particularly spreadsheet tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to deal easily and effectively with all levels of management.
• Ability to present and explain concepts with technical and non-technical staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, computer information systems, computer science, or related field.
• Minimum of 4 years experience in accounting/finance/auditing.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and Sarbanes-Oxley as well as other rules.
• Professional certification (CPA / CIA / CISA) preferred.
• Experience with information technology auditing preferred.
• Experience with Oracle Financials accounting package preferred.
• Experience with Data Analytics as well as with SAS Enterprise Guide or Base SAS is preferred.
• Sedentary work: assignment involves sitting at workstation (desk) most of the time (up to 8 hours) with only occasional walking and/or standing
• Keyboarding: Primarily using fingers for typing
• Talking: Expressing or communicating verbally through use of spoken words (accurately conveying detailed or important spoken instructions to others)
• Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
• Visual: Through close visual acuity, required to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading (with or without correction)
• Environment: work is performed within an office setting and therefore no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions (i.e. extreme heat, cold, noise, etc.)