To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chico, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
United States Army • Chico, CA
Posted 1 month ago
The U.S. Army offers some of the most exciting and important career opportunities in the country. As a Soldier, there is no limit to what you can learn and achieve. You will gain the experience that will give you an edge over those in the civilian world.
Do you have the ability to remain calm under stress? Have an interest in math and science? Are you organized and enjoy planning ahead? If you’ve answered "yes" then you might be the perfect candidate as an Ammunition Specialist in the US Army.
As an Ammunition Specialist, you are primarily responsible for receiving, storing and issuing conventional ammunition, guided missiles, large rockets, explosives, and other ammunition and explosive related items.
• Perform maintenance modification, destruction and demilitarization on ammunition and explosive components
• Operate computer hardware and software/utilities manual records in order to perform stock control and accounting procedures
• Perform ammunition supply stock control and accounting duties using both automated and manual procedures
• Load explosives and ammunition on aircraft
• Inspect weapon systems to determine need for repair or destruction
• 10 weeks of Basic Training
• 12 weeks of Advanced Individual Training
• On-the-job instruction
The expert training and competitive salary are only some of the ways the Army strengthens you for tomorrow. As a member of the U.S. Army, you will also receive:
• Comprehensive health care (medical and dental)
• Generous vacation time (30 days annually)
• Retirement Saving Plan
• Family services and support groups
• Special pay for special duties
• Cash allowances to cover the cost of living
You may also be eligible for:
• Enlistment bonuses totaling up to $40,000
• Up to $81,756 for college
• Up to $65,000 to repay qualifying student loans
• Up to $4,500 a year in tuition assistance while serving
Requirements for Ammunition Specialist
• U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
• 17-34 years old
• Healthy and in good physical condition
• In good moral standing
• High school or Equivalent Education