As part of the U.S. sales team, the Market Development Manager (MDM) will be responsible for the sales, promotion and support of my client's portfolio of products through the territory (MD, PA, OH, & TN). Through developing/converting new accounts and expanding utilization in current accounts, this position will be responsible for driving revenue, market share growth and sales quota attainment.
My client is a Swedish medical device company which develops patient-oriented monitoring systems for assessing patients' biochemical and physiological processes before, during and after surgery while the patient is under anesthesia, with the aim to improve patient care, reduce anesthesia complications and lower costs.
- Call on all accounts in respective territory to sell and promote the my client's system, working to execute their vision and profitable growth strategy
- Establish and maintain relationships with physicians, nurses, hospital management and other key stakeholders (purchasing decision-makers) throughout the OR, PACU, ICU and other call-points.
- Execute key performance objectives, with a focus on maximizing profitable revenue growth. Working with distributor leadership, develop and execute strategic plan for territory sales, and on a periodic basis, assess sales performance of individual distributor reps.
- Provide routine and accurate sales forecasting for capital & disposable sales to the Sales Director.
- Initiate and manage large-scale clinical evaluations of the product portfolio, using the strategic playbook and structured evaluation plan to close an effective clinical trial with anesthesia providers. Coordinate efforts with the distributor reps, leveraging added headcount and strengths .
- Leverage Marketing to drive promotional strategies and tactics, based on customer insights that meet external needs and deliver on revenue targets
- Leverage new resources for virtual/digital engagement, sales calls, demos, and product support. Embrace remote & virtual selling as integral component to our sales strategy
- Collaborate with internal team members (U.S. and OUS) and other strategic partners to execute on their commercial strategy.
- Assist as a training resource for medical staff to enable them to conduct training for their personnel
- Complete all documentation to ensure compliance with quality manual and all corporate standards.
- Communicate market intelligence to marketing and team members of competitor's new product offering, pricing, and promotion strategies in the assigned territories
- Review technical publications, clinical articles, and scholarly abstracts to stay abreast of clinical & technical developments in industry.
- Provide periodic business reviews and territory-specific feedback to the Director of Sales on the strategic success of the business.
- Support key strategic accounts, key opinion leaders, and strategic partnerships to ensure the interests of my client, and the patients our products serve, are at the forefront.
- Promote an inclusive and diverse culture of employees, with an environment where employees feel valued, supported and that their voice is heard.
- Maintain vendor credentialing for all territory accounts
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business/Medical/Science/Marketing or related area
- Minimum of 5 years of medical device sales experience selling into hospitals and acute care, a combined capital/consumable sales model preferred.
- Track record of success in market development, launching and commercializing new technologies in a market or region
- Experience delivering presentations to medical/clinical personnel
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Must live in assigned territory
- Proven track record of success; documentation that outlines candidate has met or exceeded sales quota consistently
- Knowledge/experience selling into the operating room and anesthesia practice is preferred, but not required
- Senior Level Qualifications: At least 1 year of service with track record excellent performance and contribution.
- $90k base salary. $180k OTE with uncapped commission
- Remote with travel within territory (50-70%)
- Company car provided
- All travel expenses covered
- Full health benefits
- 401k plan
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Clinical Trials
- Clinical Works
- Critical Care