Day and Night Shifts Available!
DePaul Hospital is the largest Behavioral Health Services in the St Louis area.
Position is working in our 30 Bed Adult Acute Behavioral Health. In this role you will be working with patients who have the following:
- Aggressive Behavior
- Mood Disorders
1:6 RN: Patient Ratio
In this unit, you will work within a culture of teamwork and a team of professionals that are committed living out SSM Health's mission to serve this population. You will work with a leadership team that is dedicated to your growth in your career.
Provides leadership and coordination of unit staffing while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care.
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Collaborates with advanced practice providers to ensure quality outcomes.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, developing and evaluating staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- One year registered nurse experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
- Behavioral Medicine
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Data Entry
- Hardworking And Dedicated