$1,000 Quarterly Bonus in 2021!
Covid Vaccine Incentive $250!
West Fraser’s McDavid, Florida location has an opportunity for a Millwright - Level 1
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Millwright will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting and predictive, preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team you will be responsible for working safely with all machinery within the mill.
What you will do:
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of verifiable work experience as a Millwright
- Must have welding experience (GMAW and SMAW)
- Must have Cutting Torch experience (Oxygen/Acetylene)
- Willing to work rotating shift
- Employer will perform skills assessment, background check, reference check, and drug screen, and physical.
What you need to be successful:
- Must be a motivated self-starter that can work safely under high pressure situations
- Troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, and perform maintenance work on machinery
- Undertake preventative and predictive maintenance program for equipment
- Repair and maintenance of industrial equipment to include conveying systems, major machine centers such as debarkers, canters, gang saws, and edgers.
- Must be competent in welding and operating oxy acetylene torches. Have the skills needed to maintain and operate basic tools such as grinders, hydpresses, drill presses, air tools, etc.
- Able to read and understand drawings and printed instructions.
- Possess basic understanding in line ups of pumps, sheaves, sprockets, and machine centers.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
Shifts: Various Rotating and weekend Shifts
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- On-the-job training and a
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to MIllwright - Day One Benefits/careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process. Be sure to attach your resume to your online profile as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels, and the world’s largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
We are a growing company, believe strongly in promoting from within, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace
- Drill Press
- Oxy Fuel Welding And Cutting