General Function: Ensure the production lines are operating safely, efficiently, and meeting production goals. Ensure all employees on the line are working safely and efficiently and are properly trained.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment or work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed under a job title or those to be performed outside of an employee's normal line of work.
1. Read and be completely familiar with all specification sheets.
2. Ensure compliance of all safety and cGMP procedures by regular and temporary employees.
3. Check all components, propellants, bulk chemicals and check all other chemicals required for production orders for your production line.
4. Set up line equipment such as: propellant gasser, crimper, liquid fillers, tube taper, can coder, rails on conveyors, and other equipment as needed.
5. Must be able to learn how to make propellant connections from tank farm to propellant pump and finally to the gas house.
6. Perform maintenance on line equipment such as: change drive belts and pulleys, add oil to gear boxes, replace seals and O-rings on liquid filler and propellant gasser, rebuild crimper heads, replace conveyor table top chains, and other as needed.
7. Work with facility mechanics on special jobs when assigned.
8. Help record and collect production data such as: downtime, unit count, change over times, etc….
9. Communicate frequently with the production supervisor regarding issues that are affecting line efficiencies. Provide suggestions to fix the issues.
10. Meet with the production supervisor to review downtime issues on a weekly basis. Help develop corrective actions to prevent re-occurances.
11. Understand the operating principles of all the production line equipment and how to change over each machine.
12. Communicate with line QC inspector to ensure products meet all quality requirements.
13. Coordinate and lead the effort on safe and quick change overs.
14. Keep entire produciton line clean and organized.
1. 3-5 years machine operating experience.
2. Able to effectively communicate in English; verbal and written form.
3. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and coordinate with other groups.
4. Able to stand, bend, and lift up to 40 lbs.
Maintenance Mechanic- 2nd shift â will train on first shift- Manufacturing, Industrial Maintenance exp. including hydraulics, conveyors, etc. Food manu exp. would be good.
Must have PLC
Product Quality Assurance
Oil And Gas