ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
VineBrook Homes is an internally managed real estate investment company, focused on acquiring, renovating, leasing and operating single-family homes as rental properties. An early investor and developer of the Single-Family Rental home (SFR) asset class, we commenced operations in late 2007. Our proven, yield-focused investment strategy targets a unique opportunity building a portfolio of workforce SFR assets in key secondary and tertiary markets. Our growing SFR REIT portfolio is currently comprised of approximately 21,000+ homes. VineBrook Homes is undergoing a major expansion of its strategy, expecting to drive toward 25,000+ homes.
The Assistant Project Manager is an entry-level position. In this role you will assist your Market's City Construction Manager, Project Managers, Estimators, and Contractors in bringing single family rental homes through the rehab process. Assignments and responsibilities in the role will range in size and complexity based on experience and development. Assistant Project Managers will work closely with their City Construction Manager, to manage lead time items of houses in our Pre-Construction phase. The Assistant Project Manager will provide supplemental assistance to Project Managers, as assigned by City Managers, to assist in completion of the full range of rehab processes. Your role and responsibilities in the position will be tailored towards developing a holistic skillset within project management. The Assistant Project Manager position is designed for career development and advancement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage specific items/tasks within assigned rehab projects; focused on lead time items.
- Assist in the process of recruiting and onboard new contractors.
- Work with contractor and vendors in order to establish and maintain positive team relationships.
- Communicate with contractors to provide guidance on projects.
- Utilize and develop skills surrounding the negotiation of pricing.
- Perform scope review meetings with contractors and vendors.
- Set and enforce project timelines and deadlines.
- Financial Management: Make sure cost reporting is accurate. Including, but not limited to, day contracts and change orders.
- Assist with holding job progress/coordinate meetings.
- Ensure quality standards are understood and maintained (including subcontractor and supplies.)
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Minimum 1 year experience in project based work environments.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite is required: including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Basic Construction experience and/or Knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Self driven with the ability to work alone (without constant supervision)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Construction Management, currently enrolled in Construction focused degree program, and/or previous paid construction experience.
- 1 year experience in customer service based role.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of the job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We are also a Drug Free Work Place. Qualified applicants will also be required to pass a drug screening before receiving an offer or beginning employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.Skills
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Career Development
- Customer Service
- Financial Management