To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jackson, MS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Merchants Foodservice • Jackson, MS
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB TITLE: BRANDS SPECIALIST
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Sales Training Manager
DATE SUBMITTED: March 2019
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFCATIONS: The Brands Specialist reports to the Sales Training Manager all activities related to Merchants exclusive brands, strategic customer insights, and promotions and events to maximize resources and overall effectiveness of programs to drive sales and profit objectives. This includes assisting all Jackson Division Sales regions with the successful launch and execution of marketing plans and optimization of sales goals for the exclusive brands.
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED: Number one goal/responsibility is to support and engage with the street sales force on opportunities to place and increase the presence of MFS EBrands'includes customer presentations on brand options, product cuttings, menu ideas, making customer calls at their place of business and utilization of MFS test kitchen and training site.
Number one goal/responsibility is to support and engage with the street sales force on opportunities to place and increase the presence of MFS EBrands'includes customer presentations on brand options, product cuttings, menu ideas, making customer calls at their place of business and utilization of MFS test kitchen and training site. Job Requirements:
- 5+ years in sales or marketing including experience with promotions, managing insights and brand management
- Proven strategic leadership skills including building strategic marketing plans from research driven initiatives
- Strong analytical abilities including both statistical and financial
- Strong ability to influence and lead teams outside of direct reporting including senior management
- Track record of developing high quality brand and communication programs, as well as putting together forward-thinking strategies that in turn leads to financial results
- Strong project management experience
- Experience in working with both secondary and primary research
- Broad based customer channel knowledge including knowledge and experience within foodservice channel
- Strong comfort level in working with technology including Excel and PowerPoint
- Collaborative individual and experience in working and leading cross functional teams with in-direct reporting relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Manage and oversee the proprietary brand portfolio to ensure penetration of sales and gross profit. This includes ensuring success with the IMA EBRAND portfolio.
- Provide leadership and direction to marketing team for developing a communication plan to ensure all programs and communications are consistent with respective brand strategies
- Meet with Branch President and Branch Sales Manager to get approval for E Brand Promotions and ensure smooth branch implementation.
- Work with supply chain team and outside vendors to identify both brand portfolio and product portfolio opportunities
- Work with leadership team to identify and lead in the development of new exclusive brands including identity development, portfolio recommendations, package development and all marketing communications
- Provide reporting and analysis on all exclusive brands(analyze reports for opportunites reports should be provided by marketing
- Provide overall leadership and ensure successful adoption and execution throughout the Broadline MFS
- Support EBrand training at all sales meetings---how to identify, place and effectively sell profitable EBrand products as an option for our customers
- Serve as the 'duty expert' for Merchants Foodservice business including keeping the VP of Marketing and Executive Team abreast of all trends and best practices in the marketplace.