What We're Looking For
Responsible for leading a professional or technical discipline department in the design, development and delivery of project tasks while managing scope, budget, and quality control. This position coordinates project priorities, staffing schedules, and staff assignments to ensure clients are provided the proper resources at the appropriate time. Responsible for technical coaching and mentoring and efficient, productive utilization of staff in providing high-quality service. Department Managers are typically responsible for up to 20 direct and indirect reports.
HNTB delivers the complex, transformational, transportation projects. Working with clients like Connecticut Department of Transportation, City of New Haven, Amtrak, and Metro-North Railroad, we work on projects like the Walk Movable Bridge, the Hartford Rail Line, and the Gold Star Bridge.
Primary Focus Will Include:
* Management and Mentorship of Staff
* Sales and Recruitment
* Work Planning and Scheduling
* Project Management Opportunities
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
* Master's degree in Engineering
* 12 years practical experience
* 4 years supervisory experience
* Professional Engineer (PE) certification
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
What You'll Need
* Develops, monitors and manages the department's operating budget in support of the group or office operating budget and forecast updates.
* Responsible for the management, growth and professional development of discipline-specific engineering department. Coordinates department activities establishes priorities and assign staff to projects. Ensures staff development, mentoring and training needs are being met. Collaborates with other departments or groups within the office on work-sharing needs and opportunities.
* Supports the implementation of the firm's strategic plan and HNTB's Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA) process on project pursuits in the department and office, including development of department-level strategic planning strategies.
* Supports the implementation of the firm's contracting (SCA) process through project delivery and contracting activities including scope, work plan and fee reviews for all contracting activities impacting the department.
* Supports the implementation of the firm's project delivery (SDA) process including Work Planning, Monthly Project Reviews and other project performance methods to ensure quality work, on time, on schedule, to the client's satisfaction.
* Assists in marketing responsibilities, including client discovery, proposal generation, interviews, and win-to-work activities
* Maintains client contacts to ensure client satisfaction. Leads and assists in sales and marketing efforts for department's growth.
* Recruits, hires, develops and retains department staff, including development of plan for staff reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and succession.
* Manages assigned project management activities (project scope, schedule, budget and quality management) and performs technical discipline tasks including research, reports, design, specifications and plan preparation.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 10 years of practical experience including 2 years of supervisory experience.
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Rocky Hill, CT (Hartford)
Pay Range for Rocky Hill, CT: $148,527.70 - $237,258.54 *Actual Compensation will be dependent upon the individual's qualifications, skills and experience as well as physical work location within the state.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Financial Management
- Professional Development