, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a Financial Analyst
for our facility in Fort Mill, SC
. This position is responsible for financial accounting and reporting functions for the Schaeffler Group US legal entities as assigned.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform the financial month-end close process and prepare financial reports including journal entries and accruals.
- Responsible for monthly consolidation of financial data (SEM-BCS Reporting Package).
- Responsible for quarterly and year-end financial reporting requirements.
- Maintain the IFRS lease accounting data files and prepare/review the associated general ledger posting.
- Prepare the IFRS revenue recognition general ledger postings and other revenue recognition analyses as needed.
- Prepare the monthly account analysis for assigned general ledger accounts.
- Reconciled and audit (internal) all general ledger balance sheet accounts.
- Create and process the billings in SAP for non-production and administrative charges.
- Interface with the Corporate Consolidation and Financial Reporting team contact in Germany.
- Assist with the Accounting ICS controls and reporting.
- Assist in the quarterly and year-end audit preparation of schedules and reconciliations.
- Interface with internal and external auditors as required.
- Preform tasks associated with the Divisional Accounting / Global Reporting project.
- Perform tasks associated with the Mexican E-Accounting project. (Moderate Travel during first 6-8 months)
- Preform other duties or projects as assigned by the Accounting Director.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 3 years previous work experience in Accounting and Finance, preferably in Manufacturing setting
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office Skills
- Solid understanding of financial accounting functions
- Solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP and IFRS principles
- Experience using SAP
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Experience leading implementation projects
- Experience performing the financial month-end close process
- Willingness to travel
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 13715
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The Schaeffler Group is a global automotive and industrial supplier. Top quality, outstanding technology, and exceptionally innovative spirit form the basis for the continued success of the company. By delivering high-precision components and systems in engine, transmission, and chassis applications, as well as rolling and plain bearing solutions for a large number of industrial applications, the Schaeffler Group is already shaping “Mobility for tomorrow” to a significant degree. The technology company generated sales of approximately EUR 14 billion in 2017. With more than 92,000 employees, Schaeffler is one of the world’s largest family companies and, with approximately 170 locations in over 50 countries, has a worldwide network of manufacturing locations, research and development facilities, and sales companies.
View the full profile