Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing Company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Coordinator. The Clinical Coordinator Coordinates all pre-admission planning and authorization based on condition, intensity of service and/or severity of illness criteria. Performs all functions of receptionist and medical assistant as needed.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!Responsibilities
- Prepares exam rooms. Assists clinical personnel during patient visits. Remains with the patient during the exam. Obtains and documents vital signs and lab work.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation of patient visits.
- Collects specimens. Labels and completes lab requisitions, including ICD and CPT coding. Sends specimens to lab per patient’s insurance plan. Performs reconciliation of labs and orders and independently follows-up on overdue pending results.
- Performs all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Processes prescriptions and orders as directed by provider.
- Stocks rooms and reorders supplies. Ensures supplies are received as ordered; follows up on incomplete or inaccurate orders.
- Sterilizes instruments in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Performs patient education. Communicates, under clinical supervision, medical results to patients.
- Ensures all outside records are incorporated into chart or EHR.
- Tracks medical non-compliance and contacts patients as needed.
- Completes requests for medical records.
- Greets patients; performs check in tasks including arriving patients in the electronic medical record, instructing patients on completion of paperwork, verifying patients' insurance if applicable, obtaining copies of patient identification and outside records.
- Collects copayments, coinsurance, and self-pay payments; documents payments in practice management system, prepares day-end batches according to policies and procedures, and reconciles payments taken with reports.
- Completes end-of-day tasks, including running applicable reports, identifying no-show patients and communicating with appropriate personnel, completing daily batching tasks, and other office close procedures.
- Answers multiple phone lines, ensuring quality and customer service for all callers. Retrieves voice mail messages and communicates to appropriate staff. Returns/triages telephone calls if applicable. Answers, routes, transfers, and retrieves phone calls and messages as required.
- Ensures referrals and outside records have been obtained prior to service
- Communicates with Medical Assistants to ensure efficient patient flow through the office and proper documentation of visits.
- Schedules appointments according to scheduling guidelines. Adheres to urgent and add-on patient visit guidelines and communicates such visits to clinical staff per office protocols. Confirms appointments prior to patient visit if applicable.
- Prepares daily charts and maintains medical files and electronic medical records.
- Scans outside reports, results, and labs into the appropriate sections of the electronic medical record.
- Maintains and order offices supplies. Assures all items ordered are received and follows up on incomplete orders.
- Assists physician(s) with daily needs.
- Coordinates patient documentation for billing with business office.
- Interfaces with referring offices in obtaining referrals when needed.
- Opens, sorts, and records receipt date of mail; forwards bills and invoices promptly to manager; forwards correspondence from hospital medical staff office or insurance companies promptly to manager, and performs other general office duties as needed.
- Educates patient on procedures related to insurance requirements/self-pay patient contract.
- Verifies insurance coverage/co-pay deductible, and obtains authorizations/referrals.
- Makes appointments for specialists/facilities and obtains proper authorizations.
- Sends appropriate documentation to specialists/facilities.
- Documents action taken (services rendered, cancelled, etc.) in patient’s medical record.
- Completes appropriate paperwork if needed.
- Gathers and presents statistics as needed, especially focused on high-risk patients.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
- Responsible for adhering to Information Security Policies and ensuring Envision is as secure as possible.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 3 or more years of related experience
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, ICD and CPT coding
Certificates and Licenses:
- Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant certification or license required
- CME as required
- Active CPR certification, BLS or ACLS if applicable
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong skills with electronic health records and practice management systems
- EMR- eClinicalworks
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electronic Medical Record
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator