To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlotte, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Regional Reliability Manager
Guardian Industries • Charlotte, NC
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Guardian Glass, a major business unit of Guardian Industries, is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of float, coated and fabricated glass products. At its 25 float plants around the globe, Guardian Glass produces high performance glass for use in exterior (both commercial and residential) and interior architectural applications, as well as transportation and technical products. Guardian glass can be found in homes, offices, cars and some of the world’s most iconic architectural landmarks. The Guardian Glass Science & Technology Center continuously works to create new glass products and solutions using the most advanced technology to help customers see what’s possible™. Visit guardianglass.com for more information.Responsibilities
- Develop the plant maintenance personnel
- Work with the plant leadership teams to develop their knowledge of reliability processes and techniques
- Provide feedback to assess the capability of a Site with respect to reliability working with the plant manager. Assist in the development of plans to improve both knowledge/skills and talent (where needed).
- Provide input on potential candidates for leadership positions to support succession planning per above
- Support teamwork with the reliability managers in the region and across the company
- Freely share information to enable the success of others
- Leverage learnings for reliability to and from other regions and also from the KII network.
- Create proven practices to enable sharing of knowledge.
- Serve as a role model in the region for the guiding principles and Leader Expectations
- Support knowledge sharing with the operations that you support and across the company
- Seize opportunities to create teachable moments relative to Market Based Management
The 8 elements of Operations Excellence, specifically:
Process and Occupational Safety
- Insure that reliability activities support the compliance requirements for the region
- Consistently drive the message of the importance of safety in the plant. Expectation is a safety champion
- Function as an information resource for safety specifically as it relates to maintenance (e.g. arc flash, energy control)
- Support the challenge process particularly related to safety to create an environment where concerns can be raised
- Insure that reliability activities support the compliance requirements for the region particularly for the emissions control systems at the plants
- Participate in setting the vision for reliability for the region and priorities for reliability improvements for the plants that you support. POV, opportunity definition and capability assessment
- Work with the plants directly on their reliability plan and help facilitate their journey
- Support plant reliability input for the capital process
- Function as a resource to support root cause analysis for the follow up on reliability issues to enable continuous improvement
- Continuously improve the region’s reliability systems to reduce unplanned events
- Build relationships with the Operations organizations to improve customer focus and translates their needs into reliability activities
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Experience in maintenance leadership positions or background reliability fundamentals and maintenance work flow processes
- Ability to lead cross-functional groups
- Ability to drive improvements without direct reporting relationships
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS Engineering
- Certified reliability professional
- rcm facilitator
- 6-sigma green/black belt
Guardian companies are committed to offer a competitive compensation package and an opportunity for you to maximize your potential. We pride ourselves in promoting career opportunities in an open environment, which encourages individual development and gives you opportunities to expand your knowledge and work as part of a global team. We offer a unique professional experience in a culture based on integrity, compliance and value creation. If you are interested in finding out more about our culture, please visit us on our website: