Reporting to the CEO, this position is responsible for the company’s financial accounting practices, procedures, and records. This position is also responsible for interpreting operating results, ensuring adequate internal accounting controls to safeguard the company’s assets and resources, and participating in the development and implementation of the company’s financing strategy. Incumbent will analyze and track revenue and margin as well as develop insights on business performance.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Direct the preparation of all periodic accounting and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP and tax regulations.
- Lead the Company’s initiative to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Develop and manage annual, quarterly, and monthly budgeting and review process for all facets of company’s financials.
- Develop monthly financials and analysis, including balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flow, and other detailed analysis as necessary.
- Develop and implement computer based financial systems, processes and policies that will also interface with inventory sales order purchase order.
- Develop and implement formal financial policies, systems procedures for all facets of the company’s financial systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; monitor compliance and make improvements as necessary.
- Establish systems and procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, monitor compliance, and recommend and implement internal control systems to safeguard the assets of the company.
- Develop and prepare necessary financial information for regulatory requirements, including government contract reporting and public information reporting.
- Oversee internal and external financial reporting relative to product revenue recognition and project costing; interpret operating results in terms of costs, budgets, policies, operations, and trends, and make value added recommendations.
- Responsible for managing the business cycle- 3-year plan, building the budget, forecasts at each level of the organization, including all aspects of revenue stream.
- Define KPIs to measure the performance in all areas of the organization.
- Analyze the performance and propose action plans to improve profitability and cash generation as well as corrective action plans as needed.
- Directly supervise accounting, account analysis and reconciliation; interpret project and cost accounting variances/trends, and report results to all levels of management.
- Maintain and manage intercompany relationships reporting; develop forecasts and budgets, as well as board meeting reports.
- Develop and maintain integrated accounting (CRM) systems, including the verification of transactions as they pertain to the general ledger; establish and maintain cost of goods sold, and compare operating plan and standards.
- The VP of Finance will work with SOI on all tax-related issues, including federal and state filing requirements.
- He/she will participate and assist as needed in special projects associated with Canada, Mexico City, Latin America etc.
- Train, motivate, and develop finance and accounting staff.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and thorough understanding of internal accounting controls. CPA designation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, develop and motivate others.
- Principles and practices of policy development and implementation
- Pertinent local, State and Federal laws, rules and regulations
- Budgeting administration procedures and techniques.
- Principles and practices of supervising and training.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of SLX, Priority or equivalent accounting systems.
- Ability to develop, recommend and implement procedures according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- On a continuous basis, analyze and prepare technical reports; interpret and evaluate staff reports; understand and interpret laws, regulations, and codes; train and evaluate staff; problem solve department recommendations.
- Follow-through assume responsibility and use good judgment.
- Prioritize workload and determine priorities.
- Maintain professionalism under stressful situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Identify critical issues and recommend solutions to address executive concerns.
- Communicate effectively and diplomatically with external customers of company personnel, both verbally and in writing.
Project Cost Management
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles