Are you a leader and strategic thinker with extensive first-hand knowledge across multiple areas of taxation? Do you excel at delivering compliance and consulting services to individual clients and their trusts, estates, family offices, investment vehicles, charitable pursuits, and closely-held business concerns, while providing solutions to complex tax issues? Do you not only know what AGI & DNI are but actually get excited about them? If you answered "Yes!" to these questions, we need to talk about a career with Deloitte's growing Private Wealth practice!
What you'll do
As a Tax Consultant II in our Private Wealth Tax practice, you will perform high-level reviews of tax research of individual, fiduciary, partnership, closely-held corporations, estate, and gift work papers and tax returns, as well prepare and lead client meetings on compliance and consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities and the tax implications of transactions to the client. In addition, you will begin supervising new tax consultants and attend required Deloitte Tax LLP and Private Wealth specialty group training.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Private Wealth team focuses on the specialized needs of the ultra-affluent, including families with multigenerational wealth, entrepreneurs, family offices, and closely-held business owners. We provide comprehensive, independent, and objective wealth transfer planning advice, and help clients make more informed, strategic decisions relevant to their personal financial comfort, business and investment needs, family legacy, and charitable giving during their lifetime and through estate planning. Learn more about Deloitte Private Wealth Tax Services.
* 1+ years experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns
* One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or willing able to obtain:
* Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
* If not CPA eligible:
* Licensed attorney
* Enrolled Agent
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
* Experience managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence, and billing
* Experience reviewing trust documents
* Excellent technology (i.e., Microsoft Excel and compliance software), research, and writing skills
* Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Strong analytical and communication skills; and able to articulate conclusions, planning opportunities, and risks identified through research projects
* Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
* Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
* Prior Big 4 experience
* Experience reviewing partnership and/or trust documents
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: 71827