Quality Engineer - SP Scientific
Location: Warminster, PA
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
SP Industries is seeking a passionate, driven, and creative quality leader to take our Warminster plant to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in process development and quality systems, will be a team builder, and will thrive on building relationships both internally and externally. This leader must thrive on challenging the status-quo, and have a passion for designing, leading, and implementing cross-functional process improvements.
This leader's primary responsibility will be comprised of managing the root cause and corrective action process, non-conformance processes, and data collection using primary and secondary fault codes for trending. Most importantly, this candidate must create a culture that embraces change and focuses on continuous operational and process improvements that further enhance the customer experience with SP's products and services.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Apply advanced statistical processing control techniques.
- Manage release timelines and document known issues and solutions.
- Initiate corrective action for procedural, product or process deficiencies.
- Log defects in a detailed, understandable and reproducible way, tracking all assigned defects through to closure and interacting with members of the development team to resolve discovered defects.
- Work independently with moderate supervision.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, and Certifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the minimum qualifications cited.
Education, Experience, and Work Skills
- B.S. degree or equivalent work experience, or combination of education and experience required.
- 5+ years quality engineering or related work experience required.
- 2+ years of experience defining test strategies, planning, and performing testing activities required.
- ASQ Certification preferred (CQE, CQA).
- Solid knowledge of software testing principles, methodologies, automated testing and terminology.
- Ability to evaluate problems of diverse scope.
- Thorough understanding of ISO standards and conformance.
- Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Able to interact with internal and external customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong MS Office, Outlook, Word, excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Knowledge of Agile systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and work with computerized data.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to use normal office tools, equipment and PC's.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in an interior air conditioned office.
If you're having issues applying through your mobile device, please click here to apply:
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
URL blocked - click to apply
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Resolve Quality Issue
Perform Statistical Analysis
Use Statistical Tool
Use Quality Tool