To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Yazoo City, MS 39194
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CF Industries • Yazoo City, MS
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Function:Finance & Accounting
Job Summary:This position reports to the accounting manager and includes the processing of incoming invoices and assisting in a variety of routine and moderately complex accounting duties including production and inventory reporting and various month-end close duties.
- Review all incoming invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment; process three way P.O. matching invoices; prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms; respond to all vendor inquiries; reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies; maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices; sort and distribute incoming mail;
- Assist with daily production, shipments, and inventory, verifying the accuracy of shipments as reported by the plant as well as production and shipments recorded in SAP;
- Assist with the month end close process including the preparation of journal entries;
- Assist with reconciliations of general ledger account balances;
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned;
- Participate in audits as needed;
- Provide backup support for other administrative functions within the department as needed.
- Associates degree in an accounting/business related field is preferred;
- 3 - 5 years accounts payable or general accounting experience;
- Strong work ethic; detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable;
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong problem solving skills, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills, basic accounting principles knowledge;
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness;
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately;
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing;
- Ability to function effectively while meeting deadlines;
- Proficient in Excel, Word and 10-key by touch;
- Familiarity with SAP accounting system and Avantis maintenance software a plus.
This position contributes to the overall effectiveness of the department. Timing and accuracy are very important in the processing of invoices and other accounting duties. Individual works under the supervision of the accounting manager but has some latitude for unreviewed decisions within the scope of delegated authority. Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html.
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].