How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Wellstar Cobb Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Paramedic in the Emergency Department.
The Emergency Department Paramedic is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care. They practice in a clinical environment that is administered by Nurse Managers and other leaders.
As an integral member of the Emergency Department team the Paramedic will support treatment in the hospital emergency department (ED). The paramedic will be required to assist with patient care treatment in conjunction with a Registered Nurse (RN that directs plan of care, team goals, and performance.
The paramedic shall cover the range of services provided in a medical treatment facility in accordance with O.C.G.A.§ 31-11-59 which outlines the services of paramedics in hospitals and defined hospital specific duties. In addition, the paramedic promotes and restores patients’ health and the overall patient experience by collaborating with physicians, RNs, and multi-disciplinary team members, and providing support to patients, families and significant others.
Shift Evening 3p-3a
Required Minimum Education
- High School graduate or possess a General Educational Development (GED).
- Graduation from an accredited paramedic training program.
Required Minimum Certification
- BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Licensed Paramedic by the by the State of Georgia.
Required Minimum Experience
- Two years of experience as a paramedic in the field or in a hospital setting.
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills along with customer service skills
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and respond to emergencies in using a decisive, composed and respectful manner
- Possess excellent time management skills; provide care using evidence and analytical skills along with possessing strong critical thinking skills.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified