One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
What do our current Employees value at UHS?
An environment that puts patient care first. One of the most rewarding aspects of working as an Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) (RN) is providing excellent care, comfort, and security to patients and families you treat, at their most vulnerable times. Having the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career. There are very robust continuing education options and opportunities for leadership development as an Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) (RN) with UHS. Supportive and responsive leadership. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Havenwyck Hospital is a 243 bed, Joint Commission accredited and licensed psychiatric and substance abuse facility. We specializing in providing behavioral health and substance abuse treatment and are located in Auburn Hills overlooking Lake Galloway. For more information, please visit our website at havenwyckhospital.com.
Mission Statement: To provide individualized, quality behavioral health care, in a safe and secure environment where dignity and respect are upheld by our team of dedicated, caring, professional staff, in a cost-effective manner.
Havenwyck Hospital is seeking a dynamic and talented Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) (RN) to join our team of compassionate, dedicated professionals.
The Assistant Director of Nursing, (ADON) (RN) is a registered professional nurse who shares delegated responsibility and accountability with the Chief Nursing Officer in all matters related to patient care, staff education, clinical delivery of services, nursing staff, nursing budget and FTE management. The ADON works to ensure compliance with hospital policy and procedures, regulatory requirements and nursing standards of practice. This position assists the Chief Nursing Officer in contributing to the hospital’s philosophy, objectives, educational and Performance Improvement efforts.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that all staff members deliver care in accordance with the Standards of Care and Practice.
- Responsible for new hire orientation education and ongoing staff development education.
- Acts as a clinical and managerial resource to nursing staff as well as participate in Nurse Manager/House Supervisor rotation.
- Leads Nursing Performance Improvement activities to analyze trends and create improvement.
- Ensures interventions and plans of care are within psychiatric and medical nursing procedures.
- Provides direction to staff on correct policies and procedures.
- Participates in orientation of new staff as needed.
- Assists all staff in provision of care in meeting their job responsibilities.
- Complies with established measures for infection control, OSHA regulations and risk management.
- Ensures and maintains the system developed to provide continuity of care and communication with and about patients and between shift staff, physicians and other staff.
- Ensures maintenance of JCAHO, HIPAA, CMS, and state regulatory requirements and standards.
- Maintains a current awareness of and clinical competency in the care of age specific patients (child, adolescent, adult and care of chemically dependent patients).
- Assures dignity and respect of patients is maintained consistently.
- Maintains compliance with ANA standards of psychiatric mental health nursing practices and AHA standards of practice.
- Graduate from an accredited program of professional nursing required; Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required, Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current and valid Registered Nurse license in the State of Michigan required.
- Thorough knowledge of Joint Commission, CMS, OSHA, and state and federal regulatory requirements required. Must have the demonstrated ability to lead Joint Commission and CMS readiness efforts.
- Experience as a staff educator in a hospital setting required.
- Knowledge and expertise in staffing and FTE management and experience in development/management of a departmental budget required.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. required.
- A minimum of three - five years leadership experience in a hospital setting required. If hospital experience is not in a psychiatric hospital setting, candidate will be required to complete the APNA Transitions in Practice certificate program within 60 days of hire.
- BLS certification and Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) preferred.
- Professional membership of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association within 60 days of hire required.
- Current nursing specialty certification (Nurse Executive Certification, Certified Clinical Leader, Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Certification) preferred.
- Employee must be in good standing (employment/corrective action history, performance evaluation, ect.) to be considered for internal transfer.
This opportunity provides the following:
- Meaningful work, saving patient lives
- Healthy, respectful and team-based work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to “UHS or UHS facilities” on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services’ subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms “we,” “us,” “our” or “the company” in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services’ subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via- email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
Basic Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified