Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is looking for detail-oriented, motivated Mid-Level Environmental, Health and Safety Professionals in our San Jose, CA and Seattle, WA office locations.
This position will primarily perform duties associated with building, implementing, and augmenting the capability of the Environmental, Health and Safety programs of our technology industry private sector clients located in the Bay Area. The role requires the ability to assimilate the requirements, culture and internal workings of our clients while providing EHS support. Our clients rank among the largest, most dynamic and rapidly growing technology companies in the world.
The ideal candidate will be adaptable to varying work environments, work well with other people, have strong verbal and written communication skills, be able to work independently with senior support from Antea Group, be detail oriented, and possess a strong work ethic.
Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): When required, in order to perform work duties, the employee will utilize the appropriate PPE such as hard hats, steel-toe shoes, respirator and safety glasses/goggles. The candidate must be able to wear SCBA and/or other required respiratory equipment for area of work.
Antea®Group focuses strongly upon safety in all aspects of our operations, in the field, the office, and while traveling. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate an awareness of safe operations.
Typical job assignments may include but are not limited to:
- Developing, writing, and implementing health, safety, and environmental programs and procedures for a wide variety of industries; including manufacturing, technology, oil & gas, and chemical.
- Prepare and review written programs, JHAs, PPE assessments, and other health and safety program elements.
- Conducting IH monitoring (air sampling and noise monitoring).
- Conducting health and safety auditing at client locations; requires an understanding of federal OSHA and EPA regulations in addition to California (CA OSHA and CA EPA) regulations and how they are applied within organizations.
- Developing compliance recommendations based on regulatory research and interpretation.
- Developing and presenting Health & Safety training modules. Experience with e-learning development would be beneficial.
- Environmental permitting and compliance activities on behalf of clients.
- Experience developing and implementing EHS management systems such as OSHA VPP, ISO 45001, and 14001 is a plus.
- Performing ergonomic evaluations for job tasks. Experience with industrial ergonomics is a plus.
- Prepare proposals, project cost estimates and technical marketing materials.
- Participate in technical societies and organizations such as AIHA, NSC, and ASSP.
- Support corporate level practice area initiatives and serve as internal technical resource for 450 person firm
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Engineering, Ergonomics, or related field.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience doing environmental, health & safety work, preferably within industry; such as manufacturing, high-tech, biotech, oil & gas, or other general industry companies.
- Must have a deep understanding of OSHA regulations and their applicability. Further understanding of NFPA, DOT, EPA, and/or international health & safety regulations is a plus.
- Additional safety training such as OSHA 10 or 30‐hour for Construction or General Industry, 24‐hour or 40‐hour HAZWOPER is a plus.
- ASP, CSP, CIH, or ARM certification or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Must have strong skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to work independently, with an attention to details
- Potential employees must pass a company-paid physical examination, drug-screen and have a valid driver's license
Antea®Group offers excellent benefits including paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
NO VISA SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME
Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)
Code Of Federal Regulations