To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1435 Egret Drive
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
- Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation
- Phone: (502) 855-4316
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation • Detroit Lakes, MN
Posted 10 days ago
Great things are happening at Metal Sales and at our Detroit Lakes branch. Our transportation team is growing and we are looking for a capable individual with the desire and skills to grow with the organization. Join us as our Transportation Assistant and watch your career flourish!
The Transportation Assistant assists with all aspects of the management of the branch's trucking fleet, under the direction of the branch Transportation Manager and corporate Director of Transportation. Most efforts are centered on instilling a safe driving culture and ensuring compliance with DOT and company policies.
Let us tell you about the responsibilities and expectations of this role to ensure we are the right fit for each other.
You'll be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Scheduling and routing of both company and contract carrier trucks for delivery of materials within delivery schedules; this includes the associated data entry to track trucking activity
- Monitoring and coordinating maintenance of all fleet equipment meeting company and DOT standards
- Compiling, completing and maintaining reports as required by the company and DOT
- Compiling and submitting payroll records from driver's logs to HR for processing
- Daily supervision of company drivers
- Evaluating and making recommendations for ongoing improvement in procedures and processes
- Supporting responsibility to other departments
The most qualified candidates will have:
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software platforms
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A desire to work in a hand-on atmosphere and team orientated environment with a "can do" attitude
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, degree in higher education with a business concentration preferred
What we can offer you:
- Great work environment with a stable privately owned company
- Opportunities for skill set expansion and career growth
- Competitive pay with annual bonus opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness program
We appreciate you reviewing this opportunity and look forward to receiving your resume!
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M | F | D | V