$20,000 Sign-On Bonus or Student Loan Repayment for External Candidates or Eligible Internal Employees!
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We’re fast becoming the nation’s largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model’s success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
How about an added bonus of help with paying down your student loans? Nurse Practitioners hired into Traveler roles are eligible to receive a sign on bonus OR a reduced sign - on bonus plus three years of student loan repayment assistance through our Student Loan Repayment (SLR) program. This could mean up to an additional $40K in benefits to you as well as the opportunity to pay down your student loan faster
In this role, you will provide support to Nurse Practitioners and patients in long term care settings; support local markets in launching new facilities; provide coverage to local market Nurse Practitioners; deliver high quality care on-site. This is a flexible, autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction for the NP as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population. All the while, you’ll be building meaningful relationships with the residents and their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
This position requires travel through the state of New York downstate area. Travel between care sites is based on the needs of business / market and required for the role. Expected Travel 75% - 100%
- Support local market Nurse Practitioners with launching of new facilities and providing coverage when and where necessary
- Deliver cost - effective, quality care to assigned members
- Manage both medical and behavioral chronic and acute conditions effectively in collaboration with a physician or specialty provider
- Facilitate agreement and implementation of the member’s plan of care by engaging the facility staff, families / responsible parties, primary and specialty care physicians
- Evaluate the effectiveness, necessity and efficiency of the plan, making revisions as needed
- Coordinate care as member’s transition through different levels of care and care settings
- Evaluate plan of care for cost effectiveness while meeting the needs of members, families and providers to decreases high costs, poor outcomes and unnecessary hospitalizations
- Exhibit original thinking and creativity in the development of new and improved methods and approaches to concerns / issues
- Function independently and responsibly with minimal need for supervision
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current unrestricted license in state(s) in which practicing
- Certified nurse practitioner through ANCC / AANP for adult, family and / or geriatrics
- Masters prepared in compliance with state licensure requirements for assigned states covering
- Unrestricted DEA (license to prescribe narcotics / level II) per state regulations (unless prohibited in state of practice)
- 1+ years of experience in acute and chronic disease management
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Solid preference in long term care setting
- Ability to develop and maintain positive customer relationships
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office suite of products including Outlook and Excel
- Ability to document medical information in written and electronic medical records
- Understanding of Geriatrics, Acute, and Chronic Illness
- Adaptability to change
- Understanding of Advanced Illness and end of life discussions
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus and/or Loan Repayment is available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus or Loan Repayment unless they are newly moving to this role Traveling Nurse Practitioner.
Also eligible for the pilot will be current Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants who newly transfer into one of the open traveler roles.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, New York, Rochester, Albany, Binghamton, Nassau, Queens, New York, NY Loan Repayment, CS2021RU