The Ambulatory Nurse utilizes a systematic approach to nursing by incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to individuals, families, and communities within the RN scope of practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
College Diploma Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Nurse (RN) Illinois and Basic Life Support (BLS). Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients
Demonstrates clinical competencies in providing direct patient care and patient and family education as well as assisting the provider in the delivery of patient care. Demonstrates leadership and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with others.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and groups.
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of departmental standing orders.
- Assist with lumbar punctures.
- Administer medications via IV and IM routes.
- Perform visual field testing.
- Complete MRI safety screenings.
- Patient phone triage.
- Obtain prior authorization through insurance companies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Registered Nurse Certified
Basic Life Support