Weitsman Recycling LLC, a division of Weitsman Family of Companies, the East Coast's largest privately held scrap metal processor, is currently looking for a Bilingual HR Business Partner at our Owego, NY location.
Weitsman Family of Companies is an employee-oriented company that offers a competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and Employer Paid Life Insurance. We also offer paid time off which includes 2 weeks’ Vacation earned within the first year of employment and 6 observed Holidays.
General Statement of Duties: As an HR Business Partner (HRBP), your important role is to align business objectives in designated programs and departments. This includes the administration of policies and procedures and serves as a consultant to programs on human resources related matters. This role supports several programs and departments and may consult with VP of Human Resources to determine program needs to perform HRBP responsibilities and make recommendations to align with operational, functional, and strategic program objectives. This is an individual contributor HR Business Partner level.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer all HR policies, practices and initiatives relating to employment, employee relations, salary administration, benefit administration, and orientation. Participate in the development, implementation and revision of policies, practices, and initiatives. Maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations. (25%)
- Evaluate the business needs and expectations of designated programs and departments to align with business objectives when necessary, collaborating with other business departments to promote customer service business model. (20%)
- Communicate with program/department management regarding specific job functions, compensation, performance, benefits, and best business practices. Advise on policies, procedures, and guidelines as well as federal, state, and local employment law. (10%)
- Develop the HR Business Partner function to effectively support continued growth, including process improvements to increase customer satisfaction and maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of HR operations. (5%)
- Partner with assigned programs and departments to review goals and objectives as it relates to compensation. (5%)
- Work collaboratively with Benefits Administrator and Payroll to manage compliance, i.e., disability, worker's compensation, family, and medical leave. (5%)
- Leading workplace investigations, policy creation and interpretation, performance management, medical accommodations, workplace training, organizational change assessment, crisis response, case data analytics, and other workplace projects impacting the employee experience. (10%)
- Handle a wide range of complex and highly sensitive employment situations and demonstrate strong emotional intelligence to skillfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization who have a wide range of experiences and backgrounds. (10%)
- Conduct complex and sensitive workplace investigations with little supervision, including determining appropriate investigation strategies, leading witness interviews and document review, and determining findings and recommendations for appropriate resolution. Investigation topics include, for example, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, theft, conflicts of interest, and other policy violations. (10%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Data Entry Clerks Skills and Qualifications:
- This role requires understanding of federal, state, and local employment and benefit laws & regulations along with current employee relations and performance management best practices.
- Must have employee relations experience.
- High level of customer service skills required with a focus on relationship management.
- Required to regularly exercise professional judgment and discretion, including when communicating with employees, management, and government/military customers.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in HR in Restaurant, Transportation and/or Technical industry preferred.
- Prior HRIS experience preferred.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field is required.
- Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum 5-7 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or Society of Human Resources Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) preferred.
If you are interested in this opportunity please forward your resume to this Indeed job posting or apply in person at 15 West Main Street, Owego, NY 13827.
Weitsman Recycling LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Weitsman Recycling LLC would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for the position will be contacted
Powered by JazzHR
- Business Ethics
- Business Planning
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Relationship Management