The VP of Strategic Sourcing is responsible for leading the enterprise strategy, systems, and teams for all global sourcing and procurement initiatives at TIDI Products. This position is responsible for approximately $100 million in direct material purchases and assists in indirect procurement, MRO, and capital spending as required. The position will lead and develop teams led by Sourcing and Procurement Managers, each focused on one of the TIDI Products business segments. The teams will work closely with replenishment teams at TIDI production and distribution facilities (Wisconsin, Illinois, California, Mexico, and China) to ensure proper safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and cost is delivered through a strategically optimized global supplier network. This position will work closely with the commercial areas of sales, marketing, and product development representing our external supplier partners on these initiatives. Also, the position will work with the Quality and Regulatory areas to ensure proper supplier performance relative to our medical device quality management system. Other key areas of responsibility are acquisition due diligence and integration, contract negotiation, and supplier risk management. As a key component of the TIDI Products culture, this position will lead the sourcing teams in continuous improvement based on the company values and the principles of enterprise excellence. The position will report to the COO and be a key senior strategic leader at TIDI.
By building a strong team, developing management systems, creating strategy plans, cross functional collaboration, and continuous improvement this position will:
- Ensures strong customer satisfaction and operational performance through sourcing, procurement, planning, working capital performance and the purchase of quality materials at a competitive price.
- Be responsible for supplier selection, evaluation, relationships, performance, and continuous improvement.
- Lead a team of employees through effective hiring, orientating, training, mentoring and coaching. Provide ongoing recognition, feedback and development, holding staff accountable for success.
- Understand and apply best practices in strategic sourcing to leverage consolidated purchasing power to deliver the best possible values in the marketplace.
- Establish reporting and analytics systems to monitor supplier performance, commodity spend, quality, delivery, and cost savings.
- Analyze trends to proactively identify supply issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and create plans to minimize enterprise supply risk.
- Develop and manage annual materials spend and departmental operating budget. Including forecasting and understanding commodity pricing changes.
- Work with quality and regulatory teams to ensure compliance with applicable medical device FDA and ISO standards as well at the TIDI Products Quality Management System.
- Lead and participate in contract negotiation with suppliers on direct materials, indirect materials, service providers, MRO, and capital projects.
- Understand international duties and tariffs and how to minimize and mitigate impact to the enterprise.
- Ensure adherence to local, country and global policies and regulations.
- Work will new product development teams to effectively bring new products to market and manage engineering product changes.
- Participate in business development acquisition due diligence and integration.
- Source complete finished goods from manufacturers in the US, China, Mexico and other countries.
- Source raw materials such as paper, resin, corrugate, fabric, vinyl, and other commodities.
- Work closely with operations on daily replenishment systems, ultimately owning the supplier relationship.
- Direct the enterprise Sales & Operations Planning system for all TIDI Products business segments, working cross-functionally to ensure accuracy and execution.
- Utilize RFP, RFQ and other formal cost management techniques.
- Manage supplier payment terms in adherence to TIDI policy.
- Ensures appropriate documentation for supplier relationship.
- Create personal and team management systems based on ideal behaviors and guiding principles to provide the greatest chance of success in meeting annual and long-term goals.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
CORE VALUES & GUIDING PRINCIPALS:
• Understands internal and external customers
• Assure a safe work environment
• Encourage individual development
• Demonstrates teamwork and flexibility/adaptability
• Demonstrates honesty
• Keep our commitments
• Think systemically and ensure constancy of purpose
• Lead with humility and respect every individual
• Focus on process, embrace scientific thinking, flow and pull value, assure quality at the source and seek perfection
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years of supply chain and global sourcing experience, 3-5 years of experience at the senior management level
- Experience managing global teams and supplier base, especially US, Mexico, and China
- Strong negotiation skills along with project management skills
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Proven leadership experience and the ability to develop and lead a team of professionals
- Strong business acumen, able to quickly understand and influence P&L levers
- Proven success owning strategy and execution
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, including internationally