To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Huachuca, AZ
- Jacobs Engineering Group
- Phone: 321/861-8158
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Systems Admin Global Network Test Facility Support
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. • Fort Huachuca, AZ
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of the organization's IT systems and applications. Assists in the installation, maintenance, and general support of IT systems. Identifies and resolves problems associated with operating systems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with server hardware/software and applications software. Detects, diagnoses, and reports related problems on both server, desktop, and mobile IT systems. Assists users with questions or issues related to accessing and using IT systems. Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backup and recovery procedures. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Performs system capacity analysis and planning, and optimizes system operation and resource utilization.
Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that systems support the organization's business requirements and meet the needs of end users. Defines system requirements based on user/client needs, cost, scalability, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. This position provides system administration for information systems within multiple enclaves, classifications, and facilities, both local and distributed. This effort supports multiple test labs, servers, workstations, over multiple domains; Windows and Linux operating systems: VMware and MS Hypervisor virtualization; Active Directory, DNS, web, HBSS, ACAS, database, email, collaborative tools, associated applications, test tools and services. Position provides System Administration (SA) support for both physical and virtual servers, zero clients, thin clients, and workstations.
For applicants who provide systems administration support in areas where these capabilities may be gained through extensive on-the-job experience, specialized formal Government training, or institutional training and certification, the On-the-job experience must be in specific IT fields.
Related certifications in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience. Examples of relevant Government or industry training include, but are not limited to, applicable DAWIA, SPRDE, and United States Federal or DoD school training and certification on a specific system, network, or technology.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; or
- Associate's degree with at least 6 years of experience; or
- 60 semester hours of formal education working towards an Associate's or Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience; or
- 12 years of experience.
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties.
- Additional certifications (other than those required for the position) in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- Requires a DoD 8570.01M IAT/IAM/IASAE Level II certification.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance at time of hire.
- CompTIA Security +
- DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs) implementation
- Strong Knowledge in Group Policy
- Strong Knowledge in Active Directory
- Strong Knowledge in Domain Name System (DNS)
- Moderate knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later (applied stigs)
- Strong Knowledge Host Based Security Server (HBSS)
- Strong knowledge in EXSI and vCenter Server version 6.7. Horizon View, Virtual Networking ( vSwitces)
- Strong Knowledge in Internet Information Services IIS 7.x or later
- Strong Knowledge in Certificate services (OCSP, CRL, PKI, CA)
- Strong Knowledge in RADIUS, TACACS +
- Strong Knowledge in managing Security Center, and Nessus Scanner (ACAS suite)
- Update Firmware on various Dell Servers
- Hardware and Software troubleshooting, (high level)
- Updating CAD documentation.
- Strong Knowledge in the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Strong Knowledge managing Windows Service Update Service (WSUS)
- Windows Package Publisher (WPP)
- Strong Knowledge Networking Skills
- Firewall (Protocols, Ports)
- Host based Intrusion Protection System (IPS) Policies
- Strong Knowledge in managing Exchange Servers 2016 or later.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Strong Knowledge in Linux Operating Systems ( Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Cent OS, Oracle Linux)
- Provide expert support to various vendors such as Mobile Iron, CISCO, Juniper, Avaya, etc.
- Requires IAT Level II certification prior to start date. (CompTIA Security+ required)
- KIWI Syslog Server
- Strong Knowledge in maintaining Solar Winds and Databases
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol PowerShell or Command Line
- Scanning Tools (Wireshark)
- Imaging or Cloning operating systems.
- Microsoft Visio
- Strong Knowledge in setting up Axway Desktop Validator and Axway Validation Authority software.
- Basic Knowledge on ITSM Remedy
- Managing Windows File Shares
- Certification - CompTIA Security + CE, CCNA, JNCIA.
- System Administration experience to include, managing multiple domains, groups policies, implementing Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs), configuring and managing virtual machines/environments (VMware ESXi), configuration and application of HBSS/EPO, understanding of Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP)
- Ability to provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) level support and plans of action to the government and government customers (Commercial Vendors)
- Understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Core work hours will be between 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.